The Boston Red Sox (23-26) host the Cincinnati Reds (16-31) to kick off a two-game series at Fenway Park, with first pitch at 7:10 PM ET on Tuesday. The Red Sox are on the back of a series defeat to the Orioles, and the Reds a series win over the Giants.
The Red Sox are favored (-145 on the moneyline to win) when they take the field at home against the Reds (+125). The starting pitchers are Michael Wacha (3-0) for the Boston Red Sox, and Luis Castillo (1-2) for the Cincinnati Reds. The game’s total is set at 8.5.
Red Sox vs. Reds Predictions
Red Sox vs. Reds Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Red Sox vs. Reds Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Boston has a 5-3 record from the eight games it was favored on the moneyline over its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 outings, the Red Sox and their opponents combined to go over the run total six times (all 10 games had set totals).
- Boston’s ATS record is 5-5-0 over its past 10 games.
- Cincinnati has played as the underdog in eight of its past 10 games and has gone 4-4 in those contests.
- When it comes to hitting the over, the Reds and their opponents are in their last 10 games with a total.
- Cincinnati has wins against the spread in its last 10 chances.
Red Sox vs. Reds Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Michael Wacha
- When Wacha starts, the Red Sox are 6-1-0 against the spread.
- The Red Sox have been the moneyline favorite in four of Wacha’s starts this season, and they went 3-1 in those games.
- Wacha’s team is 6-1 over his seven starts.
- Wacha has had seven starts that bookmakers set a total for this season, and two of those matchups hit the over.
Projected starter: Luis Castillo
- When Castillo starts, his team is 2-2-0 against the spread this season.
- His team is 1-1 this season when he starts and they’re underdogs on the moneyline.
- In games Castillo has started, his team is 2-2.
- In games Castillo has started this season, the teams are 1-3-0 at hitting the over.
Red Sox Batting Leaders
- Rafael Devers has put up a team-best 11 home runs.
- Among batters in MLB action, Devers ranks 10th in homers and 33rd in RBI.
- J.D. Martinez has a club-high .369 batting average.
- Among all MLB hitters, Martinez ranks 79th in homers and 58th in RBI.
- Xander Bogaerts is hitting .328 with 13 doubles, five home runs and 18 walks.
- Bogaerts heads into this matchup on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .412 with four doubles, a home run and five RBI.
- Trevor Story has put up 37 runs batted in to lead his team.
Red Sox Batting Leaders
- Brandon Drury is batting .239 this season with a team-high eight home runs and 26 RBI.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Drury’s home run total is 37th, and his RBI total is 33rd.
- Drury brings a four-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .217 with a double, a home run and four RBI.
- Kyle Farmer is batting .261 to lead Cincinnati, while adding four homers and 25 runs batted in this season.
- Farmer is 117th in homers and 42nd in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Farmer brings a nine-game hitting streak into this game. In his last 10 outings he is batting .457 with three doubles, three home runs, two walks and 11 RBI.
- Tommy Pham is slashing .233/.335/.373 this season for the Reds.
- Pham heads into this game on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .294 with a double, a home run, two walks and five RBI.
- Tyler Naquin has collected 35 hits this season and has an OBP of .320. He’s slugging .467 on the year.
Where To Watch Red Sox vs. Reds
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.