The San Diego Padres (30-17) and St. Louis Cardinals (26-21) clash in the first of a three-game series on Monday at Busch Stadium, at 2:15 PM ET. The Padres are coming off a series victory over the Pirates, and the Cardinals a series split with the Brewers.
An expected close matchup pits the Padres (-112 moneyline odds to win) against the Cardinals (-108). The Padres will start Nick Martinez (2-2) versus the Cardinals and Packy Naughton. The game’s total is 8.5.
Padres vs. Cardinals Predictions
Padres vs. Cardinals Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Padres vs. Cardinals Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- San Diego went 4-2 over the six games it was favored on the moneyline in its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings, the Padres and their opponents combined to hit the over on the run total two times (all 10 games had set totals).
- San Diego has gone 5-5-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- St. Louis has played as the underdog in five of its past 10 games and has gone 2-3 in those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Cardinals and their opponents have combined to hit the over six times.
- St. Louis has wins against the spread in its last 10 chances.
Padres vs. Cardinals Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Nick Martinez
- The Padres have gone 3-4-0 against the spread when Martínez starts.
- The Padres have been favored on the moneyline in four of Martínez’s starts this season, and they went 2-2 in those games.
- Martínez’s team has put together a 4-3 record over his seven starts.
- Martínez has started seven contests with a total set by sportsbooks this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in two of them.
Projected starter: Packy Naughton
- The left-hander did not pitch as the moneyline underdog last season.
Padres Batting Leaders
- Manny Machado paces the Padres with eight home runs and 27 runs batted in, while accumulating a team-best batting average of .357.
- Machado’s home runs rank 36th in MLB and he ranks 23rd in RBI in MLB.
- Jurickson Profar is batting .222 with 10 doubles, a triple, six home runs and 27 walks.
- Profar ranks 53rd in home runs among batters in MLB and 71st in RBI.
- Profar brings a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .222 with a double, a home run, three walks and three RBI.
- Eric Hosmer is hitting .321 with nine doubles, four home runs and 18 walks.
- Ha-Seong Kim is hitting .223 with eight doubles, a triple, four home runs and 15 walks.
- Kim enters this matchup on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .250 with a double and a walk.
Padres Batting Leaders
- Paul Goldschmidt is batting .352 with 10 home runs and 40 RBI. All three of those stats are best among St. Louis hitters this season.
- Goldschmidt is 17th in homers and third in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Goldschmidt brings a 20-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last 10 games he is hitting .452 with three doubles, five home runs, three walks and 17 RBI.
- Tommy Edman is batting .278 with an OBP of .359 and a slugging percentage of .426 this season.
- Among all major league hitters, Edman is 107th in home runs and 85th in RBI.
- Edman has safely hit in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .273 with two doubles.
- Nolan Arenado has collected 45 base hits, an OBP of .342 and a slugging percentage of .512 this season.
- Harrison Bader has 38 hits and an OBP of .304 to go with a slugging percentage of .369 this season.
- Bader has safely hit in nine games in a row. During his last nine games he is batting .351 with a double, a home run and five RBI.
Where To Watch Padres vs. Cardinals
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.