The Houston Astros (30-18) and Oakland Athletics (20-30) battle in AL West action, on Monday at 4:07 PM ET.
The Athletics are an underdog (+159 moneyline odds) when they takes the field at home against the Astros (-185). The Astros will start Framber Valdez (4-2) against the Athletics and Paul Blackburn (5-0). The game’s over/under is set at 7.
Astros vs. Athletics Predictions
Astros vs. Athletics Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Astros vs. Athletics Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Houston played as the moneyline favorite for each of its last 10 games, and finished 6-4 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings, the Astros and their opponents combined to go over the run total one time (all 10 games had set totals).
- Houston’s record against the spread is 3-7-0 over its past 10 games.
- In eight games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, Oakland has a record of 4-4.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Athletics and their opponents are when it comes to hitting the over.
- Oakland has won of its last 10 games against the spread.
Astros vs. Athletics Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Framber Valdez
- The Astros have a 5-4-0 record against the spread in Valdez’s starts.
- The Astros have a 4-3 record in Valdez’s seven starts this season when they were favored on the moneyline.
- Valdez’s team is 5-4 over his nine starts.
- Valdez’s starts with a set total this season have hit the over in two of nine contests.
Projected starter: Paul Blackburn
- When Blackburn starts, his team is 7-2-0 against the spread this season.
- His team is 6-1 this season when he starts and they are the moneyline underdog.
- Blackburn’s team has an 8-1 record in his starts this season.
- In games Blackburn has started this season, the teams are 4-5-0 at hitting the over.
Astros Batting Leaders
- Yordan Alvarez has a team-best 12 home runs.
- Among hitters in MLB play, Alvarez ranks fifth in home runs and 28th in RBI.
- Alex Bregman has 11 doubles, six home runs and 28 walks while hitting .235.
- Bregman ranks 53rd in home runs among hitters in MLB and 28th in RBI.
- Kyle Tucker paces the Astros with 29 runs batted in.
- Michael Brantley has nine doubles, a triple, three home runs and 21 walks while hitting .274.
- Brantley brings a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .267 with a double, four walks and an RBI.
Astros Batting Leaders
- Sean Murphy leads Oakland with five home runs this season. He’s batting .207 with 22 RBI.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Murphy’s home run total is 77th, and his RBI total is 71st.
- Elvis Andrus has 34 hits and an OBP of .302 to go with a slugging percentage of .354 this season.
- Andrus is 163rd overall in homers and 253rd in RBI this season.
- Andrus has hit safely in two straight games. In his last five games he is batting .316 with two doubles, a home run, a walk and four RBI.
- Seth Brown leads Oakland in home runs (five) and runs batted in (23) this season while batting .209.
- Brown has safely hit in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .294 with three doubles, a home run, three walks and two RBI.
- Tony Kemp has collected 37 hits this season and has an OBP of .318. He’s slugging .282 on the year.
Where To Watch Astros vs. Athletics
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.