The Toronto Blue Jays (24-20) will look to Vladimir Guerrero Jr., on a two-game homer streak, versus the Los Angeles Angels (27-19) at 9:38 PM ET on Friday, at Angel Stadium.
The Blue Jays (-113 on the moneyline) and the Angels (-106) will take the field in a projected close matchup. The starting pitchers are Alek Manoah (5-1) for the Toronto Blue Jays, and Chase Silseth (1-1) for the Los Angeles Angels. The over/under for the game is 8 total runs.
Blue Jays vs. Angels Predictions
Blue Jays vs. Angels Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Blue Jays vs. Angels Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Toronto was favored on the moneyline in eight of its last 10 games, and finished 5-3 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 outings (all 10 of them had set totals), the Blue Jays and their opponents combined to hit the over three times.
- Toronto’s ATS record is 5-5-0 over its past 10 games.
- Los Angeles is not favored for the first time in a while, as it has not been the underdog in its last 10 games.
- The Angels and their opponents have combined to hit the over five times in their last 10 games with a total.
- Los Angeles is 4-6-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Blue Jays vs. Angels Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Alek Manoah
- The Blue Jays have a 2-6-0 ATS record in Manoah’s eight starts with a set spread.
- The Blue Jays are 4-3 in Manoah’s seven starts this season with Toronto as the moneyline favorite.
- Manoah’s team has won five of his eight starts.
- Manoah has had eight starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined go over the total in one of those games.
Projected starter: Chase Silseth
- Silseth has a record of 1-1-0 ATS in two starts with a spread this season.
- He has yet to start a game this season when his team was the moneyline underdog.
- Silseth’s team is 1-1 when he starts this season.
- In the two games with a total started by Silseth this season, the teams did not hit the over both times.
Blue Jays Batting Leaders
- George Springer paces the Blue Jays in home runs (nine) and runs batted in (26).
- Among all batters in MLB, Springer’s home run total ranks 17th and his RBI tally ranks 24th.
- Springer brings a nine-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last 10 games he is hitting .278 with two triples, two home runs, five walks and eight RBI.
- Guerrero has hit nine home runs to lead his team.
- Guerrero ranks 17th in home runs among batters in MLB play and 41st in RBI.
- Guerrero has hit safely in two straight games. In his last five games he is batting .167 with two home runs, four walks and two RBI.
- Bo Bichette is hitting .246 with 10 doubles, six home runs and nine walks.
- Bichette has safely hit in two straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .273 with two doubles, two home runs and six RBI.
- Santiago Espinal has a club-high .283 batting average.
Blue Jays Batting Leaders
- Mike Trout leads Los Angeles in batting average (.310) and home runs (12) this season, while also chipping in with 26 RBI.
- Among all batters in MLB, Trout is second in homers and 24th in RBI.
- Taylor Ward is batting .367 with an OBP of .477 and a slugging percentage of .706 this season.
- Ward is 17th in homers and 41st in RBI among all batters in the major leagues.
- Shohei Ohtani is among the top hitters for Los Angeles with a .237 average, nine homers and 29 RBI.
- Anthony Rendon is batting .242 with an OBP of .335 and a slugging percentage of .403 this season.
Where To Watch Blue Jays vs. Angels
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.