The Los Angeles Angels (27-18) and Toronto Blue Jays (23-20) square off on Thursday at 9:38 PM ET, beginning a four-game series at Angel Stadium.
The Angels are favored at home (-157) against the Blue Jays (+134). The starting pitchers are Shohei Ohtani (3-2) for the Los Angeles Angels, and Hyun Jin Ryu (1-0) for the Toronto Blue Jays. The contest has an over/under of 7.5.
Angels vs. Blue Jays Predictions
Angels vs. Blue Jays Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Angels vs. Blue Jays Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Los Angeles was favored on the moneyline for each of its last 10 games, and finished 5-5 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups, the Angels and their opponents combined to go over the run total five times (all 10 of the games had set totals).
- Los Angeles’ ATS record is 5-5-0 over its past 10 games.
- Toronto has been the underdog once in the past 10 games and lost that contest.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Blue Jays and their opponents have failed to hit the over eight times.
- Toronto has wins against the spread in its last 10 chances.
Angels vs. Blue Jays Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Shohei Ohtani
- Last season Ohtani and his team went 4-6-0 against the spread in games he pitched.
- Ohtani’s team went 6-1 in games he appeared in when they were favored on the moneyline a season ago.
- The games he pitched went over the total set by bookmakers in four of 14 opportunities last season.
Projected starter: Hyun Jin Ryu
- Ryu’s team is 1-3-0 against the spread in his starts this season.
- He has yet to start a game this season when his team was the moneyline underdog.
- Ryu’s team has a 2-2 record in his starts this season.
- Games Ryu has started this season hit the over two times in four chances.
Angels Batting Leaders
- Mike Trout leads the Angels with 12 home runs and has put up a team-high batting average of .319.
- Trout ranks second in homers and 21st in RBI among all hitters in MLB play.
- Taylor Ward has six doubles, two triples, nine home runs and 23 walks while hitting .370.
- Ward ranks 17th in home runs and 37th in RBI among hitters in baseball.
- Ward takes a 10-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last 10 games he is hitting .385 with two doubles, a triple, three home runs, six walks and eight RBI.
- Ohtani leads the Angels with 28 runs batted in.
- Anthony Rendon has nine doubles, five home runs and 21 walks while hitting .248.
Angels Batting Leaders
- George Springer leads Toronto in home runs with eight and runs batted in with 25.
- Springer ranks 28th in home runs and 25th in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Springer has hit safely in eight straight games. During his last 10 games he is hitting .235 with two triples, a home run, five walks and seven RBI.
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. is slugging .447 this season, with a team-best eight homers while driving in 22 runs.
- Guerrero ranks 28th among hitters in MLB in homers, and 48th in RBI.
- Santiago Espinal leads Toronto with a .284 batting average while slugging two homers and driving in 17 runs.
- Bo Bichette has collected 43 hits this season and has an OBP of .277. He’s slugging .391 on the year.
Where To Watch Angels vs. Blue Jays
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.