The St. Louis Cardinals (24-19) host the Milwaukee Brewers (28-16) to open a four-game series at Busch Stadium, with first pitch at 7:45 PM ET on Thursday. The Cardinals are coming off a series split with the Blue Jays, and the Brewers a series win over the Padres.
The Brewers (+101 underdog on the moneyline) visit the Cardinals (-121). The St. Louis Cardinals will give the start to Adam Wainwright (5-3, 2.16 ERA) looking for win No. 6 on the season, and the Brewers will counter with Eric Lauer (4-1, 2.16). The total for this game is set at 7.5.
Cardinals vs. Brewers Predictions
Cardinals vs. Brewers Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Cardinals vs. Brewers Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- St. Louis played as the moneyline favorite in five of its last 10 games, and went 4-1 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups (11 had set totals), the Cardinals combined with their opponents to hit the over on the total six times.
- St. Louis is 6-4-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Milwaukee has been the underdog twice in the last 10 games and split those matchups 1-1.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Brewers and their opponents have failed to hit the over seven times.
- Over its last 10 games, Milwaukee is 6-4-0 against the spread.
Cardinals vs. Brewers Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Adam Wainwright
- The Cardinals are 5-3-0 ATS in Wainwright’s eight starts that had a set spread.
- The Cardinals have been favored on the moneyline in six of Wainwright’s starts this season, and they went 4-2 in those matchups.
- Wainwright’s team is 5-3 over his eight starts.
- Wainwright’s starts went over the run total four times in eight games with a set total this season.
Projected starter: Eric Lauer
- Lauer and his team are 5-2-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- His team won his only start as an underdog this season.
- Lauer’s team has won six of his seven starts this season.
- Games Lauer has started this season hit the over three times in seven chances.
Cardinals Batting Leaders
- Paul Goldschmidt has racked up a team-high batting average of .344 and leads the Cardinals in runs batted in (33).
- Among all hitters in MLB action, Goldschmidt’s home run total ranks 39th and his RBI tally ranks sixth.
- Goldschmidt brings a 16-game hitting streak into this game. During his last 10 outings he is batting .465 with eight doubles, four home runs, two walks and 17 RBI.
- Nolan Arenado has shown his power as he leads his team with nine home runs.
- Arenado ranks 17th in homers and 11th in RBI this year.
- Tommy Edman has seven doubles, three triples, four home runs and 19 walks while batting .278.
- Harrison Bader is batting .246 with five doubles, four home runs and nine walks.
- Bader has hit safely in six straight games. In his last eight outings he is hitting .286 with a double, a home run and five RBI.
Cardinals Batting Leaders
- Rowdy Tellez is batting .246 this season with a team-high nine home runs and 33 RBI.
- In all of Major League Baseball, Tellez is 17th in homers and sixth in RBI.
- Tellez takes a five-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .333 with two doubles, a home run, two walks and three RBI.
- Christian Yelich has 38 hits and an OBP of .326 to go with a slugging percentage of .400 this season.
- Yelich is 67th in home runs and 72nd in RBI among all major league batters this year.
- Kolten Wong is slashing .222/.307/.368 this season for the Brewers.
- Andrew McCutchen has 31 hits and an OBP of .309 to go with a slugging percentage of .374 this season.
Where To Watch Cardinals vs. Brewers
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.