The Carolina Hurricanes and New York Rangers square off in Game 5 of the NHL Playoffs Second Round on Thursday, May 26, starting at 7:00 PM ET. The series is tied up at 2-2. The Hurricanes are listed with -147 moneyline odds against the Rangers (+123).
Hurricanes vs. Rangers Predictions
Hurricanes vs. Rangers Betting Odds
Hurricanes vs. Rangers Betting Trends
- In the 77 times this season the Hurricanes have been a moneyline favorite, they have finished 55-22 in those games.
- When playing with moneyline odds of -147 or shorter, Carolina is 37-15 (winning 71.2% of the time).
- Based on the moneyline in this matchup, the Hurricanes’ implied win probability is 59.5%.
- The Hurricanes score the ninth-most goals in the NHL (277 total, 3.4 per game).
- The Hurricanes have allowed 200 total goals (just 2.4 per game), the fewest in league action.
- The Rangers have claimed an upset victory in 18, or 47.4%, of the 38 games they have played as an underdog this season.
- New York has a record of 7-14 in games when sportsbooks list them +123 or longer on the moneyline.
- With 250 goals (3.0 per game), the Rangers have the NHL’s 15th-ranked offense.
- The Rangers have one of the best defenses in the league, conceding 204 total goals (just 2.5 per game), second in the league.
Hurricanes vs. Rangers Over/Under Trends
- This season, Carolina games have gone over this one’s 5.5-goal total 51 times.
- So far this season, 46 games New York has played finished with over 5.5 goals.
- The Hurricanes score 3.38 goals per game, compared to the Rangers’ average of 3.05, adding up to 0.9 more goals than this contest’s total of 5.5.
- This game’s over/under is 0.6 more than the 4.9 goals these two teams concede per game combined.
Hurricanes Team Leaders
- Sebastian Aho: 37 goals and 44 assists
- Andrei Svechnikov: 30 goals and 39 assists
- Teuvo Teravainen: 22 goals and 43 assists
- Frederik Andersen: 35-14-3 record, .922 save percentage, 111 goals given up
Rangers Team Leaders
- Artemi Panarin: 22 goals and 74 assists
- Mika Zibanejad: 30 goals and 52 assists
- Chris Kreider: 52 goals and 25 assists
- Igor Shesterkin: 36-13-4 record, .935 save percentage, 106 goals given up
Where To Watch Hurricanes vs. Rangers
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for NHL predictions? Go here for all of our free NHL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.