Santiago Espinal brings a 16-game hitting streak into the Toronto Blue Jays’ (22-20) game against the St. Louis Cardinals (24-18) at 7:45 PM ET on Tuesday, at Busch Stadium.
The Cardinals are an underdog at home (+130) against the Blue Jays (-150). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Toronto Blue Jays looking to Kevin Gausman (3-3), and Jordan Hicks (1-3) answering the bell for the St. Louis Cardinals. The game’s total is set at 7.5.
Blue Jays vs. Cardinals Predictions
Blue Jays vs. Cardinals Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Blue Jays vs. Cardinals Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Toronto was the moneyline favorite in nine of its last 10 games, and finished 5-4 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings, the Blue Jays and their opponents combined to go over the run total two times (all 10 of the games had set totals).
- Toronto’s ATS record is 4-6-0 over its past 10 games.
- In six games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, St. Louis has a record of 4-2.
- In their last 11 games with a total, the Cardinals and their opponents have combined to hit the over five times.
- St. Louis has a record of 7-3-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Blue Jays vs. Cardinals Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Kevin Gausman
- When Gausman starts, the Blue Jays have gone 1-6-0 against the spread.
- The Blue Jays have been favored on the moneyline in seven of Gausman’s starts this season, and they went 5-2 in those games.
- Gausman’s team is 5-3 over his eight starts.
- Gausman has had seven starts that sportsbooks set a total for this season, and three of those matchups hit the over.
Projected starter: Jordan Hicks
- Hicks’ team is 2-4-0 against the spread in his starts this season.
- When he starts a game and his team is the underdog on the moneyline, they have a record of 1-4.
- Hicks’ team is 2-4 when he starts this season.
- Games started by Hicks have a 3-3-0 record at hitting the over this season.
Blue Jays Batting Leaders
- George Springer has a team-best eight home runs and 24 runs batted in.
- Among batters in MLB, Springer ranks 23rd in home runs and 23rd in RBI.
- Springer brings a seven-game hitting streak into this game. In his last 10 games he is batting .206 with a triple, a home run, four walks and seven RBI.
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. has four doubles, seven home runs and 19 walks while batting .257.
- Guerrero ranks 32nd in homers and 47th in RBI this season.
- Espinal has racked up a team-high batting average of .292.
- Espinal brings a 16-game hitting streak into this game. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .361 with a double, a walk and two RBI.
- Bo Bichette has eight doubles, six home runs and nine walks while hitting .236.
Blue Jays Batting Leaders
- Paul Goldschmidt is batting .338 with 33 RBI, both of which rank first among St. Louis hitters this season.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Goldschmidt’s home run total is 32nd, and his RBI total is fifth.
- Goldschmidt takes a 15-game hitting streak into this game. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .455 with eight doubles, five home runs, a walk and 19 RBI.
- Nolan Arenado is slugging .556 this season, with a team-best nine homers while driving in 32 runs.
- Arenado ranks 14th in homers and seventh in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Arenado enters this matchup on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .211 with a double, two walks and an RBI.
- Tommy Edman has collected 43 base hits, an OBP of .369 and a slugging percentage of .435 this season.
- Harrison Bader is batting .246 with an OBP of .301 and a slugging percentage of .366 this season.
- Bader has hit safely in five straight games. In his last five games he is batting .389 with a home run and five RBI.
Where To Watch Blue Jays vs. Cardinals
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.