The Tampa Bay Rays (24-17) and Miami Marlins (18-22) clash on Tuesday at 6:40 PM ET, beginning a two-game series at Tropicana Field.
The favored Rays (-155 moneyline odds) play at home against the Marlins (+135). The starting pitchers are Shane McClanahan (3-2) for the Tampa Bay Rays, and Pablo Lopez (4-1) for the Miami Marlins. The matchup has an over/under set at 6.5 total runs.
Rays vs. Marlins Predictions
Rays vs. Marlins Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Rays vs. Marlins Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Tampa Bay was the moneyline favorite for six of its last 10 games, and finished 3-3 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 outings, the Rays and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total four times (all 10 games had set totals).
- Tampa Bay’s ATS record is 6-4-0 over its past 10 games.
- Miami has played as the underdog in five of its past 10 games and won one of those contests.
- The Marlins and their opponents have combined to hit the over six times in their last 10 games with a total.
- Miami has a record of 6-4-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Rays vs. Marlins Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Shane McClanahan
- The Rays have a 3-5-0 record against the spread in McClanahan’s starts.
- The Rays are 4-3 in McClanahan’s seven starts this season with Tampa Bay as the moneyline favorite.
- McClanahan’s team has put together a 5-3 record in his eight starts.
- McClanahan’s starts hit the over on the run total two times in eight games with a set total this season.
Projected starter: Pablo López
- Lopez’s team is 5-3-0 against the spread in his starts this season.
- When he starts a game and his team is the underdog on the moneyline, they have a record of 2-1.
- Lopez’s team has a 5-3 record in his starts this season.
- Games started by Lopez have a 4-4-0 record at hitting the over this season.
Rays Batting Leaders
- Wander Franco has nine doubles, a triple, four home runs and seven walks while hitting .261.
- Among hitters in MLB play, Franco ranks 82nd in home runs and 108th in RBI.
- Yandy Diaz is hitting .282 to pace his team.
- Diaz ranks 134th in homers and 203rd in RBI this season.
- Diaz enters this game on a four-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .368 with two walks and an RBI.
- Randy Arozarena is batting .258 with 10 doubles, a triple, four home runs and 11 walks.
- Arozarena brings a three-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .474 with three home runs, four walks and seven RBI.
- Kevin Kiermaier has hit five home runs to pace his team.
- Kiermaier heads into this game on a four-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .478 with a double, two home runs and five RBI.
Rays Batting Leaders
- Jazz Chisholm leads Miami in runs batted in with 27 while batting .290, which is also best on the team.
- In all of Major League Baseball, Chisholm is 31st in homers and 14th in RBI.
- Jorge Soler’s eight home runs are most among Miami batters. He’s driven in 21 runs this season while slugging .430.
- Soler ranks 23rd overall in homers and 41st in RBI this year.
- Soler brings a nine-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last 10 games he is batting .293 with two doubles, four home runs, two walks and nine RBI.
- Jesus Aguilar has collected 39 base hits, an OBP of .333 and a slugging percentage of .426 this season.
- Garrett Cooper has 32 hits and an OBP of .342 to go with a slugging percentage of .384 this season.
Where To Watch Rays vs. Marlins
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.