The Chicago Cubs (17-24) will look to Patrick Wisdom, riding a four-game homer streak, against the Cincinnati Reds (12-29) at 6:40 PM ET on Tuesday, at Great American Ball Park.
The Reds (-113 on the moneyline) and the Cubs (-106) will square off in a projected close contest. The Reds will give the ball to Tyler Mahle (2-4) versus the Cubs and Marcus Stroman (1-4). The game’s total is set at 8.
Reds vs. Cubs Predictions
Reds vs. Cubs Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Reds vs. Cubs Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Cincinnati has been listed as the moneyline favorite by oddsmakers only one time in the last 10 games, and lost that matchup.
- In their last 10 matchups (11 of them had set totals), the Reds and their opponents combined to hit the over three times.
- Cincinnati’s ATS record is 8-3-0 over its past 10 games.
- Chicago has been the underdog twice in the last 10 games and won both contests.
- The Cubs and their opponents have combined to hit the over five times in their last 10 games with a total.
- Chicago has a record of 5-5-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Reds vs. Cubs Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Tyler Mahle
- When Mahle starts, the Reds have gone 5-5-0 against the spread.
- The Reds have been favored on the moneyline in three of Mahle’s starts this season, and they went 1-2 in those matchups.
- Mahle’s team has a 4-5 record in his starts this season.
- Mahle has had 10 starts that bookmakers set a total for this season, and seven of those matchups finished over the total.
Projected starter: Marcus Stroman
- When Stroman starts, his team is 3-3-0 against the spread this season.
- His team has won 20% of his starts when they are underdogs on the moneyline (1-4).
- Stroman’s team has won one of his six starts this season.
- Games Stroman has started this season hit the over three times in six chances.
Reds Batting Leaders
- Brandon Drury paces the Reds with seven home runs and 22 runs batted in.
- In MLB, Drury ranks 32nd in home runs and 39th in RBI.
- Drury heads into this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .167 with a double and three walks.
- Tommy Pham is batting .221 with five doubles, five home runs and 23 walks.
- Pham ranks 62nd in homers and 154th in RBI among batters in MLB action.
- Tyler Naquin leads the Reds with a team-high batting average of .256.
- Kyle Farmer is hitting .227 with 11 doubles, a home run and seven walks.
- Farmer has safely hit in five straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .444 with three doubles and three RBI.
Reds Batting Leaders
- Ian Happ leads Chicago with a .286 batting average. He’s also hit four homers and has 22 RBI.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Happ is 84th in home runs and 39th in RBI.
- Happ enters this game on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .313 with two doubles, a home run, two walks and five RBI.
- Willson Contreras is batting .258 with an OBP of .382 and a slugging percentage of .458 this season.
- Contreras ranks 62nd in homers and 142nd in RBI among all major league hitters this season.
- Seiya Suzuki has collected 32 base hits, an OBP of .351 and a slugging percentage of .450 this season.
- Suzuki takes a three-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .211 with three doubles, three walks and an RBI.
- Wisdom leads Chicago in home runs (10) and runs batted in (23) this season while batting .220.
- Wisdom has hit safely in four games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .278 with four home runs, two walks and six RBI.
Where To Watch Reds vs. Cubs
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.