The New York Rangers host the Carolina Hurricanes for Game 4 of the NHL Playoffs Second Round at Madison Square Garden on Tuesday, May 24, starting at 7:00 PM ET. The Hurricanes are ahead in the series 2-1. The Rangers are the favorite, with -119 moneyline odds, in this matchup against the Hurricanes, who have -101 moneyline odds.
Rangers vs. Hurricanes Predictions
Rangers vs. Hurricanes Betting Odds
Rangers vs. Hurricanes Betting Trends
- The Rangers have won 70.2% of their games when favored on the moneyline this season (40-17).
- New York is 37-16 when it has played with moneyline odds of -119 or shorter (69.8% win percentage).
- The Rangers’ implied moneyline win probability is 54.3% in this contest.
- The Rangers’ 250 total goals (3.0 per game) make them the 15th-ranked scoring team in the NHL.
- Defensively, the Rangers have been one of the stingiest units in league action, allowing 204 total goals (just 2.5 per game) to rank second.
- This season the Hurricanes have eight wins in the 18 games in which they’ve been an underdog.
- Carolina has won seven of its 14 games when it is the underdog by -101 or longer on the moneyline.
- The Hurricanes’ 277 goals on the season (3.4 per game) rank them ninth in the league.
- The Hurricanes’ total of 200 goals conceded (just 2.4 per game) is the lowest in the league.
Rangers vs. Hurricanes Over/Under Trends
- New York and its opponent have hit the over on this game’s total (5.5 goals) 46 times this season.
- So far this season, 51 games Carolina has played finished with over 5.5 goals.
- The Rangers score 3.05 goals per game, compared to the Hurricanes’ average of 3.38, adding up to 0.9 more goals than this contest’s over/under of 5.5.
- The 4.9 goals per game these two teams concede are 0.6 less than the over/under set for this contest.
Rangers Team Leaders
- Artemi Panarin: 22 goals and 74 assists
- Mika Zibanejad: 30 goals and 52 assists
- Chris Kreider: 52 goals and 25 assists
- Igor Shesterkin: 36-13-4 record, .935 save percentage, 106 goals given up
Hurricanes Team Leaders
- Sebastian Aho: 37 goals and 44 assists
- Andrei Svechnikov: 30 goals and 39 assists
- Teuvo Teravainen: 22 goals and 43 assists
- Frederik Andersen: 35-14-3 record, .922 save percentage, 111 goals conceded
Where To Watch Rangers vs. Hurricanes
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for NHL predictions? Go here for all of our free NHL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.