The Chicago Cubs (16-24) visit the Cincinnati Reds (12-28) to kick off a four-game series at Great American Ball Park, with first pitch at 6:40 PM ET on Monday. The Cubs are coming off a series defeat to the Diamondbacks, and the Reds a series loss to the Blue Jays.
The Cubs are favored (-120 moneyline odds to win) when they visit the Reds (+100). The scheduled starters are Drew Smyly (1-5) for the Chicago Cubs, and Vladimir Gutierrez (0-5) for the Cincinnati Reds. The contest has an over/under of 9.
Cubs vs. Reds Predictions
Cubs vs. Reds Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Cubs vs. Reds Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Chicago has a 3-4 record across the seven games it was favored on the moneyline in its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings, the Cubs and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total four times (all 10 games had set totals).
- Chicago’s ATS record is 5-5-0 over its past 10 games.
- Cincinnati has played as the underdog in nine of its past 10 games and won six of those contests.
- In their last 11 games with a total, the Reds and their opponents are when it comes to hitting the over.
- Cincinnati is 9-2-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Cubs vs. Reds Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Drew Smyly
- The Cubs have gone 2-5-0 against the spread when Smyly starts.
- The Cubs have been favored on the moneyline in three of Smyly’s starts this season, and they went 1-2 in those games.
- Smyly’s team has won two of his seven starts.
- Smyly has had seven starts that oddsmakers set a total for this season, and one of those games finished over the total.
Projected starter: Vladimir Gutierrez
- Gutierrez’s team is 2-4-0 against the spread in his starts this season.
- When he is the starting pitcher, Cincinnati has a record of 1-5 this season when they are the underdog on the moneyline.
- Gutierrez’s team has won one of his six starts this season.
- Out of Gutierrez’s six starts with a total this season, three have hit the over.
Cubs Batting Leaders
- Ian Happ leads the Cubs with a .276 batting average.
- Among all batters in MLB action, Happ’s home run total ranks 134th and his RBI tally ranks 80th.
- Happ has safely hit in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .250 with a double, a home run, two walks and two RBI.
- Willson Contreras has seven doubles, a triple, five home runs and 16 walks while batting .258.
- Among all MLB hitters, Contreras ranks 59th in homers and 138th in RBI.
- Seiya Suzuki is batting .246 with 11 doubles, a triple, four home runs and 18 walks.
- Suzuki has safely hit in two straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .200 with three doubles, a walk and three RBI.
- Patrick Wisdom has put his power on display as he paces his team with nine home runs and 20 runs batted in.
- Wisdom takes a three-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .235 with three home runs, two walks and three RBI.
Cubs Batting Leaders
- Tyler Naquin leads Cincinnati in home runs with four, runs batted in with 21 and his batting average of .258 is also best on his team.
- Among all batters in MLB, Naquin’s home run total is 82nd, and his RBI total is 41st.
- Tommy Pham’s four home runs are most among Cincinnati batters. He’s driven in 12 runs this season while slugging .346.
- Pham is 82nd among hitters in the big leagues in home runs, and 166th in RBI.
- Kyle Farmer has 29 hits this season and a slash line of .227/.284/.336.
- Farmer takes a five-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .444 with three doubles and three RBI.
- Tyler Stephenson’s four home runs are most among Cincinnati batters. He’s driven in 20 runs this season while slugging .506.
- Stephenson has safely hit in two straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .238 with a double and an RBI.
Where To Watch Cubs vs. Reds
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.