The Kansas City Royals (14-26) will aim to snap a four-game losing streak when visiting the Arizona Diamondbacks (21-22) at 9:40 PM ET on Monday.
An expected close matchup features the Diamondbacks (-117 moneyline odds to win) against the Royals (-102). The Diamondbacks will start Zach Davies (2-2) versus the Royals and Zack Greinke (0-2). The total for this game is set at 8.5.
Diamondbacks vs. Royals Predictions
Diamondbacks vs. Royals Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Diamondbacks vs. Royals Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- In the last 10 games, Arizona was listed as the moneyline favorite by oddsmakers just two times, and it lost both games.
- Over their last 10 outings, the Diamondbacks and their opponents combined to go over the run total nine times (13 of the games had set totals).
- Arizona’s ATS record is 7-6-0 over its past 10 games.
- In 12 games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, Kansas City has a record of 5-7.
- When it comes to hitting the over, the Royals and their opponents are in their last 13 games with a total.
- Over its last 10 games, Kansas City is 5-8-0 against the spread.
Diamondbacks vs. Royals Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Zach Davies
- The Diamondbacks have a 3-6-0 ATS record in Davies’ nine starts with a set spread.
- The Diamondbacks were favored on the moneyline for two Davies starts this season — they split the games.
- Davies’ team has put together a 3-5 record over his eight starts.
- Davies’ starts hit the over on the run total two times in nine games with a set total this season.
Projected starter: Zack Greinke
- Greinke and his team have a record of 6-2-0 against the spread when he starts.
- When he starts a game and his team is the underdog on the moneyline, they have a record of 3-3.
- Greinke’s team has a 4-4 record in his starts this season.
- In games Greinke has started this season, the teams are 3-4-1 at hitting the over.
Diamondbacks Batting Leaders
- Christian Walker has launched a team-best 10 home runs.
- In baseball, Walker ranks seventh in homers and 71st in RBI.
- Daulton Varsho has a club-high 20 runs batted in and .262 batting average.
- Varsho ranks 31st in homers and 59th in RBI among hitters in MLB action.
- Varsho takes a six-game hitting streak into this game. In his last 10 outings he is batting .302 with three doubles, a home run, a walk and six RBI.
- David Peralta is batting .223 with six doubles, seven home runs and 18 walks.
- Ketel Marte is batting .238 with 13 doubles, a triple, two home runs and 13 walks.
- Marte enters this game on a five-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .421 with a double and three RBI.
Diamondbacks Batting Leaders
- Andrew Benintendi leads Kansas City in batting average (.329) and runs batted in (18) this season.
- Benintendi is 189th in home runs and 80th in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Benintendi has hit safely in six straight games. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .343 with two doubles, six walks and three RBI.
- Whit Merrifield has 33 hits and an OBP of .242 to go with a slugging percentage of .276 this season.
- Merrifield ranks 189th overall in homers and 90th in RBI this year.
- Merrifield has safely hit in three games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .238 with a double, two walks and two RBI.
- Hunter Dozier has 38 hits this season and a slash line of .277/.322/.460.
- Bobby Witt Jr. is batting .215 with an OBP of .260 and a slugging percentage of .389 this season.
Where To Watch Diamondbacks vs. Royals
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.