The Miami Marlins (17-22) carry a three-game losing run into a home contest versus the Atlanta Braves (19-21), at 1:40 PM ET on Sunday.
A projected close contest pits the Marlins (-114 moneyline odds to win) against the Braves (-106). The starting pitchers are Sandy Alcantara (3-2) for the Miami Marlins, and Ian Anderson (3-2) for the Atlanta Braves. The matchup has an over/under of 7.5 total runs.
Marlins vs. Braves Predictions
Marlins vs. Braves Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Marlins vs. Braves Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Miami was the moneyline favorite in five of its last 10 games, and went 3-2 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups, the Marlins and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total seven times (all 10 games had set totals).
- Miami’s record against the spread is 6-4-0 over its past 10 games.
- In three games over the last 10 matchups when set as the underdog by sportsbooks, Atlanta has a record of 1-2.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Braves and their opponents have combined to hit the over six times.
- Atlanta has won of its last 10 games against the spread.
Marlins vs. Braves Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Sandy Alcantara
- The Marlins are 5-3-0 against the spread when Alcantara starts.
- The Marlins have been favored on the moneyline in six of Alcantara’s starts this season, and they went 4-2 in those matchups.
- Alcantara’s team has compiled a 4-4 record over his eight starts.
- Alcantara has started eight games with a total set by oddsmakers this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in four of them.
Projected starter: Ian Anderson
- Anderson and his team have a record of 5-2-0 against the spread when he starts.
- His team has been victorious in 66.7% of the games he’s started as the moneyline underdog with a record of 2-1.
- Anderson’s team is 4-3 when he starts this season.
- Out of Anderson’s seven starts with a total this season, three have hit the over.
Marlins Batting Leaders
- Jazz Chisholm has a team-high batting average of .290 and paces the Marlins in runs batted in (27).
- Chisholm ranks 30th in homers and 13th in RBI among all hitters in MLB action.
- Jorge Soler has put his power on display as he paces his team with eight home runs.
- Soler ranks 20th in home runs among hitters in baseball and 39th in RBI.
- Soler heads into this game on a nine-game hitting streak. In his last 10 games he is hitting .293 with two doubles, four home runs, two walks and nine RBI.
- Jesus Aguilar has five doubles, five home runs and 14 walks while batting .270.
- Garrett Cooper is batting .260 with 10 doubles, two home runs and 12 walks.
- Cooper takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .294 with three doubles, a walk and two RBI.
Marlins Batting Leaders
- Matt Olson leads Atlanta with a batting average of .248. He’s also hit four home runs with 15 RBI.
- In all of Major League Baseball, Olson ranks 79th in home runs and 115th in RBI.
- Ozzie Albies has 38 hits and an OBP of .291 to go with a slugging percentage of .396 this season.
- Albies ranks 41st in homers and 96th in RBI among all major league hitters this season.
- Albies enters this matchup on a four-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .286 with a double and an RBI.
- Marcell Ozuna leads Atlanta in home runs with eight and runs batted in with 20.
- Ozuna takes an eight-game hitting streak into this game. During his last 10 outings he is batting .256 with four home runs, three walks and 10 RBI.
- Austin Riley is slugging .441 this season, with a team-best eight homers while driving in 18 runs.
Where To Watch Marlins vs. Braves
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.