Game 3 of the NHL Playoffs Second Round on Sunday, May 22 features the Florida Panthers visiting the Tampa Bay Lightning at Amalie Arena at 1:30 PM ET. The Lightning are on top 2-0 in the series. Bookmakers list the Lightning as the underdog in this matchup, with -107 moneyline odds against the Panthers (-114).
Panthers vs. Lightning Predictions
Panthers vs. Lightning Betting Odds
Panthers vs. Lightning Betting Trends
- The Panthers have gone 61-25 this season when favored on the moneyline.
- In games it has played with moneyline odds of -114 or shorter, Florida has compiled a 61-25 record (winning 70.9% of its games).
- The Panthers have a 53.3% chance (based on the moneyline’s implied probability) to win this game.
- The Panthers are the top-scoring team in the NHL with 337 total goals (4.1 per game on 7.0 assists per outing).
- The Panthers rank 12th in goals against, giving up 242 total goals (3.0 per game) in NHL action.
- The Lightning have been listed as the underdog 20 times this season, and upset their opponent nine times.
- Tampa Bay has 20 games this season playing as an underdog by -107 or longer, and is 9-11 in those contests.
- The Lightning’s 285 goals on the season (3.5 per game) rank them seventh in the NHL.
- The Lightning have one of the best defenses in the league, allowing 228 total goals (2.8 per game), sixth in the league.
Panthers vs. Lightning Over/Under Trends
- Florida and its opponent have combined for more than Sunday’s over/under of 6.5 goals 56 times this season.
- This season, 44 of Tampa Bay’s games have featured more than 6.5 goals.
- The total for this game (6.5) is 1.1 less than the combined scoring averages for the Panthers (4.11) and Lightning (3.48).
- These two teams allow a combined 5.7 goals per game, 0.8 less than this one’s over/under.
Panthers Team Leaders
- Jonathan Huberdeau: 30 goals and 85 assists
- Aleksander Barkov Jr.: 39 goals and 49 assists
- Sam Reinhart: 33 goals and 51 assists
- Sergei Bobrovsky: 39-7-3 record, .912 save percentage, 137 goals allowed
Lightning Team Leaders
- Steven Stamkos: 42 goals and 64 assists
- Victor Hedman: 20 goals and 66 assists
- Nikita Kucherov: 25 goals and 44 assists
- Andrei Vasilevskiy: 39-18-5 record, .916 save percentage, 156 goals conceded
Where To Watch Panthers vs. Lightning
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for NHL predictions? Go here for all of our free NHL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.