Josh Naylor rides a two-game homer streak into the Cleveland Guardians’ (17-19) game against the Detroit Tigers (13-26) at 6:10 PM ET on Saturday, at Progressive Field.
The Guardians are favored at home (-188) against the Tigers (+160). The Cleveland Guardians will hand the ball to Shane Bieber (1-2, 2.87 ERA) looking for win No. 2 on the season, and the Tigers will counter with Alex Faedo (0-1, 2.87). The matchup has an over/under set at 8 total runs.
Guardians vs. Tigers Predictions
Guardians vs. Tigers Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Guardians vs. Tigers Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Cleveland has a 2-3 record from the five games it was moneyline favorites over its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups, the Guardians and their opponents combined to hit the over five times (12 of the games had set totals).
- Cleveland’s ATS record is 5-7-0 over its past 10 games.
- Detroit has played as the underdog in four of its past 10 games and has won one of those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Tigers and their opponents have failed to hit the over eight times.
- Detroit has won of its last 10 games against the spread.
Guardians vs. Tigers Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Shane Bieber
- The Guardians have a 3-4-0 record against the spread in Bieber’s starts.
- The Guardians have a 3-1 record in Bieber’s four starts this season when they were favored on the moneyline.
- In Bieber’s seven starts, his team is 4-3.
- Bieber has had seven starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined go over the total in three of those matchups.
Projected starter: Alex Faedo
- When Faedo starts, his team is 1-2-0 against the spread this season.
- His team won his only start as an underdog this season.
- Faedo’s team has won one of his three starts this season.
- In games Faedo has started this season, the teams are 1-2-0 at hitting the over.
Guardians Batting Leaders
- Jose Ramirez has put up a team-high batting average of .287, while leading the Guardians in home runs (nine) and runs batted in (37).
- Ramirez ranks 10th in home runs and first in RBI among all hitters in MLB play.
- Ramirez brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .200 with a triple, two home runs, a walk and five RBI.
- Myles Straw is hitting .254 with eight doubles, a triple and 22 walks.
- Straw ranks 322nd in home runs and 276th in RBI among MLB hitters this season.
- Owen Miller has 12 doubles, four home runs and 11 walks while batting .286.
- Steven Kwan is batting .265 with six doubles, a triple, a home run and 17 walks.
Guardians Batting Leaders
- Jeimer Candelario has been key for Detroit with 27 hits, an OBP of .257 plus a slugging percentage of .328.
- Among all batters in MLB, Candelario’s home run total is 119th, and his RBI total is 154th.
- Miguel Cabrera is a key run producer for Detroit with a .276 average, three homers and 14 RBI.
- Among all MLB batters, Cabrera is 119th in home runs and 120th in RBI.
- Spencer Torkelson leads Detroit in home runs with four. He’s driven in 11 runs and is slugging .321.
- Torkelson enters this matchup on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .286 with two doubles, a home run, a walk and two RBI.
- Jonathan Schoop has collected 22 hits this season and has an OBP of .203. He’s slugging .250 on the year.
Where To Watch Guardians vs. Tigers
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.