The Toronto Blue Jays (20-18) and Cincinnati Reds (11-26) clash on Friday at 7:07 PM ET, opening a three-game series at Rogers Centre.
The Blue Jays are favored at home (-190) against the Reds (+163). The Toronto Blue Jays will hand the ball to Hyun Jin Ryu and the Reds will counter with Luis Castillo (0-1, 5.59). The matchup has an over/under set at 8.5 total runs.
Blue Jays vs. Reds Predictions
Blue Jays vs. Reds Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Blue Jays vs. Reds Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Toronto has a 3-6 record from the nine games it was moneyline favorites over its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings, the Blue Jays and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total five times (11 of the 10 games had set totals).
- Toronto’s ATS record is 4-7-0 over its past 10 games.
- In eight games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, Cincinnati has a record of 6-2.
- When it comes to hitting the over, the Reds and their opponents are in their last 11 games with a total.
- Cincinnati is 10-1-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Blue Jays vs. Reds Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Hyun Jin Ryu
- The Blue Jays have gone 1-2-0 against the spread when Ryu starts.
- The Blue Jays have a 1-2 record in Ryu’s three starts this season when they were favored on the moneyline.
- Ryu’s team has a 1-2 record in his three starts.
- Ryu has started three contests with a total set by sportsbooks this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in two of them.
Projected starter: Luis Castillo
- Castillo has a record of 1-1-0 ATS in two starts with a spread this season.
- His team won his only start as an underdog this season.
- Castillo’s team is 1-1 when he starts this season.
- In the two games with a total started by Castillo this season, the teams hit the over once.
Blue Jays Batting Leaders
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. has accumulated a team-best seven home runs and 21 runs batted in.
- Guerrero’s home runs rank 25th in MLB and he ranks 32nd in RBI in MLB.
- Guerrero heads into this game on a 15-game hitting streak. In his last 10 games he is batting .270 with four walks and two RBI.
- George Springer’s seven home runs and 21 RBI are both team-highs.
- Springer ranks 25th in home runs and 32nd in RBI among MLB hitters this season.
- Springer has hit safely in three games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .176 with a triple, two walks and three RBI.
- Santiago Espinal paces the Blue Jays with a .289 batting average.
- Espinal takes a 12-game hitting streak into this game. During his last 10 outings he is batting .353 with four doubles, a walk and four RBI.
- Bo Bichette is batting .242 with seven doubles, four home runs and nine walks.
Blue Jays Batting Leaders
- Brandon Drury is batting .245 this season with a team-high seven home runs and 22 RBI.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Drury ranks 25th in home runs and 24th in RBI.
- Tommy Pham has 30 hits and an OBP of .354 to go with a slugging percentage of .376 this season.
- Pham is 74th overall in home runs and 152nd in RBI this season.
- Pham heads into this matchup on a four-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .211 with three walks and an RBI.
- Tyler Naquin leads Cincinnati with a .266 batting average while slugging four homers and driving in 21 runs.
- Naquin takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .389 with two doubles, two home runs, a walk and two RBI.
- Tyler Stephenson is batting .325 with an OBP of .384 and a slugging percentage of .545 this season.
- Stephenson takes a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .333 with a home run and three RBI.
Where To Watch Blue Jays vs. Reds
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.