The Chicago Cubs (15-22) and Arizona Diamondbacks (19-21) play on Friday at 2:20 PM ET, at Wrigley Field.
The Cubs are the road favorite (-131) versus the Diamondbacks (+111). The scheduled starters are Kyle Hendricks (2-3) for the Chicago Cubs, and Humberto Castellanos (2-1) for the Arizona Diamondbacks.
Cubs vs. Diamondbacks Predictions
Cubs vs. Diamondbacks Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Cubs vs. Diamondbacks Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Chicago played as the moneyline favorite in four of its last 10 games, and went 2-2 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups, the Cubs and their opponents combined to hit the over three times (all 10 of the games had set totals).
- Chicago has gone 8-2-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- In 10 games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, Arizona has a record of 2-8.
- In their last 13 games with a total, the Diamondbacks and their opponents are when it comes to hitting the over.
- Arizona has a record of 5-8-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Cubs vs. Diamondbacks Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Kyle Hendricks
- The Cubs have gone 6-2-0 ATS in Hendricks’ eight starts that had a set spread.
- The Cubs were the moneyline favorite for two Hendricks starts this season — they split the games.
- Hendricks’ team has won five of his eight starts.
- Hendricks has had eight starts that oddsmakers set a total for this season, and three of those matchups hit the over.
Projected starter: Humberto Castellanos
- When Castellanos starts, his team is 3-3-0 against the spread this season.
- His team has been victorious in 60% of the games he’s started as the moneyline underdog with a record of 3-2.
- Castellanos’ team has won three of his six starts this season.
- Games Castellanos has started this season hit the over two times in six chances.
Cubs Batting Leaders
- Willson Contreras is batting .263 with seven doubles, a triple, five home runs and 16 walks.
- Among all hitters in MLB action, Contreras’ home run total ranks 53rd and his RBI tally ranks 117th.
- Ian Happ has a club-high .272 batting average.
- Happ ranks 118th in home runs and 74th in RBI this year.
- Seiya Suzuki has put up a team-high 18 runs batted in.
- Patrick Wisdom has put his power on display as he paces his team with six home runs.
Cubs Batting Leaders
- Christian Walker leads Arizona in home runs (nine) and runs batted in (18) this season while batting .206.
- Walker’s home run total ranks ninth in the majors, and he is 67th in RBI.
- Daulton Varsho leads Arizona in batting with a .252 average while slugging seven homers and driving in 17 runs.
- Varsho is 25th in homers and 74th in RBI among all major league hitters this season.
- Varsho enters this game on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .238 with a home run, a walk and two RBI.
- Ketel Marte has 31 hits this season and a slash line of .231/.307/.388.
- Marte heads into this matchup on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .294 with a double, a walk and two RBI.
- David Peralta has 24 hits and an OBP of .300 to go with a slugging percentage of .398 this season.
- Peralta enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .250 with a double, a home run, a walk and three RBI.
Where To Watch Cubs vs. Diamondbacks
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.