Friday’s playoff slate includes the Carolina Hurricanes hosting the New York Rangers for Game 2 of the NHL Playoffs Second Round, beginning at 8:00 PM ET. The Hurricanes are ahead in the series 1-0. The Rangers are the underdog (+153) in this matchup against the Hurricanes (-181).
Hurricanes vs. Rangers Predictions
Hurricanes vs. Rangers Betting Odds
Hurricanes vs. Rangers Betting Trends
- The Hurricanes have won 71.1% of their games when favored on the moneyline this season (54-22).
- Carolina is 25-9 (winning 73.5% of its games) when it has played with moneyline odds of -181 or shorter.
- The Hurricanes have a 64.4% chance (based on the moneyline’s implied probability) to win this contest.
- The Hurricanes’ 277 total goals (3.4 per game) make them the ninth-best scoring team in the league.
- The Hurricanes have conceded 200 total goals (only 2.4 per game), ranking first in league action for the fewest goals against.
- The Rangers have been listed as the underdog 37 times this season, and upset their opponent 18 times.
- New York is 3-4 when it is underdogs of +153 or longer on the moneyline.
- The Rangers have 250 goals this season (3.0 per game), 15th in the league.
- The Rangers concede just 2.5 goals per game (204 in total), the second-fewest in the league.
Hurricanes vs. Rangers Over/Under Trends
- This season, Carolina games have gone over this one’s 5.5-goal total 51 times.
- So far this season, 46 games New York has played finished with over 5.5 goals.
- The total for this game (5.5) is 0.9 less than the combined scoring averages for the Hurricanes (3.38) and Rangers (3.05).
- This game’s total is 0.6 more than the 4.9 goals these two teams allow per game combined.
Hurricanes Team Leaders
- Sebastian Aho: 37 goals and 44 assists
- Andrei Svechnikov: 30 goals and 39 assists
- Teuvo Teravainen: 22 goals and 43 assists
- Frederik Andersen: 35-14-3 record, .922 save percentage, 111 goals allowed
Rangers Team Leaders
- Artemi Panarin: 22 goals and 74 assists
- Mika Zibanejad: 30 goals and 52 assists
- Chris Kreider: 52 goals and 25 assists
- Igor Shesterkin: 36-13-4 record, .935 save percentage, 106 goals allowed
Where To Watch Hurricanes vs. Rangers
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for NHL predictions? Go here for all of our free NHL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.