The Boston Red Sox (15-22) host the Seattle Mariners (17-21) at 7:10 PM ET on Thursday, a game featuring two of MLB’s most consistent hitters. Rafael Devers has an average of .340 (third in league) for the Red Sox, while Ty France is seventh at .325 for the Mariners.
The Mariners (+112 underdog on the moneyline to win) visit the Red Sox (-132). The Boston Red Sox will hand the ball to Rich Hill (1-1, .90 ERA) looking for win No. 2 on the season, and the Mariners will turn to George Kirby. The contest has a set total of 8.5.
Red Sox vs. Mariners Predictions
Red Sox vs. Mariners Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Red Sox vs. Mariners Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Boston has a 1-2 record over the three games it was moneyline favorites in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 outings (all 10 of them had set totals), the Red Sox and their opponents combined to hit the over three times.
- Boston has a 5-5-0 record against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Seattle has played as the underdog in eight of its past 10 games and won four of those contests.
- The Mariners and their opponents have combined to hit the over four times in their last 10 games with a total.
- Seattle has won of its last 10 games against the spread.
Red Sox vs. Mariners Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Rich Hill
- The Red Sox have a 3-3-0 ATS record in Hill’s six starts that had a set spread.
- The Red Sox are 2-1 in Hill’s three starts this season with Boston as the moneyline favorite.
- Hill’s team has won three of his six starts.
- Hill’s starts with a set total this season have hit the over in three of six contests.
Projected starter: George Kirby
- Kirby has a record of 1-1-0 ATS in two starts with a spread this season.
- His team lost his only start as an underdog this season.
- Kirby’s team is 1-1 when he starts this season.
- In the two games with a total started by Kirby this season, the teams hit the over once.
Red Sox Batting Leaders
- Devers leads the Red Sox in home runs (seven), runs batted in (21) and has racked up a team-high batting average of .340.
- Devers ranks 24th in home runs and 31st in RBI among all hitters in baseball.
- Devers has hit safely in 12 straight games. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .488 with eight doubles, a triple, three home runs, three walks and 11 RBI.
- Xander Bogaerts is hitting .336 with eight doubles, four home runs and 12 walks.
- Bogaerts ranks 73rd in home runs among hitters in MLB and 80th in RBI.
- J.D. Martinez is hitting .325 with 13 doubles, five home runs and eight walks.
- Alex Verdugo is hitting .206 with five doubles, three home runs and eight walks.
Red Sox Batting Leaders
- France leads Seattle in runs batted in with 27 while batting .325, which is also best on the team.
- France’s home run total ranks 37th in the majors, and he is 10th in RBI.
- Adam Frazier has collected 40 hits this season and has an OBP of .342. He’s slugging .370 on the year.
- Frazier ranks 243rd among batters in MLB in homers, and 114th in RBI.
- J.P. Crawford has 39 hits this season and a slash line of .300/.380/.462.
- Jesse Winker has 30 hits and an OBP of .323 to go with a slugging percentage of .319 this season.
Where To Watch Red Sox vs. Mariners
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.