Alec Bohm leads the Philadelphia Phillies (17-18) into a matchup against Manny Machado and the San Diego Padres (22-13) at Citizens Bank Park, on Tuesday at 6:45 PM ET. Bohm is at .315, the ninth-best average in the league, and Machado is first at .359.
The Phillies are favored (-119) in an expected evenly matched game against the Padres (-100). The Padres will give the start to Mike Clevinger, but the Phillies’ starting pitcher has yet to be announced for this game. The matchup has an over/under of 8.5 total runs.
Phillies vs. Padres Predictions
Phillies vs. Padres Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Phillies vs. Padres Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Philadelphia has a 1-2 record over the three games it was favored on the moneyline in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups — all had a set run total — the Phillies and their opponents combined to go over the total seven times.
- Philadelphia’s ATS record is 7-3-0 over its past 10 games.
- In four games over the last 10 matchups when set as the underdog by sportsbooks, San Diego has a record of 3-1.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Padres and their opponents have failed to hit the over four times.
- Over its last 10 games, San Diego is 4-6-0 against the spread.
Phillies vs. Padres Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Mike Clevinger
- The right-hander did not appear in a game when his team was the moneyline underdog last season.
Phillies Batting Leaders
- Bryce Harper leads the Phillies in home runs (nine) and runs batted in (27).
- Harper ranks sixth in homers and sixth in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Harper has hit safely in six straight games. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .450 with seven doubles, five home runs, four walks and 12 RBI.
- Jean Segura has three doubles, six home runs and nine walks while batting .309.
- Segura ranks 31st in home runs among hitters in MLB action and 105th in RBI.
- Segura takes a 12-game hitting streak into this game. During his last 10 outings he is batting .472 with a double, four home runs, five walks and nine RBI.
- Nicholas Castellanos is hitting .279 with nine doubles, five home runs and 11 walks.
- Kyle Schwarber’s nine home runs pace his team.
Phillies Batting Leaders
- Machado leads San Diego in homers with seven while also maintaining a team-best .359 batting average.
- Among all batters in the majors, Machado’s home run total is 19th, and his RBI total is 16th.
- Eric Hosmer is a key run producer for San Diego with a .350 average, four homers and 24 RBI.
- Among all MLB hitters, Hosmer is 67th in home runs and 12th in RBI.
- Jurickson Profar has 22 hits this season and a slash line of .185/.315/.395.
- Ha-Seong Kim has collected 21 hits this season and has an OBP of .330. He’s slugging .436 on the year.
Where To Watch Phillies vs. Padres
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.