The Houston Astros (24-13) play the Boston Red Sox (14-22) a game after Kyle Tucker homered twice in a 13-4 victory over the Red Sox. The game begins at 6:10 PM ET on Wednesday.
The Red Sox are an underdog at home (+122) against the Astros (-142). The Astros will give the ball to Luis Garcia (3-1) versus the Red Sox and Nick Pivetta (1-4). The total in the game is 9 total runs.
Astros vs. Red Sox Predictions
Astros vs. Red Sox Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Astros vs. Red Sox Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Houston played as the moneyline favorite in eight of its last 10 games, and went 7-1 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups, the Astros and their opponents combined to go over the run total three times (all 10 of the games had set totals).
- Houston’s ATS record is 7-3-0 over its past 10 games.
- In six games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, Boston has a record of 3-3.
- When it comes to hitting the over, the Red Sox and their opponents are in their last 10 games with a total.
- Boston has won of its last 10 games against the spread.
Astros vs. Red Sox Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Luis Garcia
- The Astros have gone 3-3-0 against the spread when Garcia starts.
- The Astros were favored on the moneyline for five Garcia starts this season — they won each time.
- Garcia’s team has put together a 5-1 record over his six starts.
- Garcia has had six starts with a total this season, and the teams combined go over the total in two of those matchups.
Projected starter: Nick Pivetta
- Pivetta’s team is 2-5-0 against the spread in his starts this season.
- When he is the starting pitcher, Boston has a record of 1-4 this season when they are the underdog on the moneyline.
- In games Pivetta has started, his team is 1-6.
- Out of Pivetta’s seven starts with a total this season, three have hit the over.
Astros Batting Leaders
- Yordan Alvarez leads the Astros with 12 home runs.
- In MLB action, Alvarez ranks second in homers and 22nd in RBI.
- Alex Bregman is batting .230 with nine doubles, five home runs and 24 walks.
- Bregman ranks 48th in home runs and 22nd in RBI this year.
- Tucker has racked up a team-high 25 runs batted in.
- Michael Brantley has a club-leading .286 batting average.
- Brantley has hit safely in seven straight games. In his last 10 outings he is batting .297 with three doubles, a triple, a home run, seven walks and six RBI.
Astros Batting Leaders
- Rafael Devers leads Boston in home runs with seven and runs batted in with 20.
- Devers ranks 21st in home runs and 38th in RBI among all batters in the majors.
- Devers heads into this matchup on an 11-game hitting streak. In his last 10 games he is batting .463 with seven doubles, three home runs, three walks and 10 RBI.
- Xander Bogaerts is batting .338 to lead Boston, while adding three homers and 15 runs batted in this season.
- Bogaerts currently ranks 108th in home runs and 89th in RBI in the major leagues.
- J.D. Martinez has 38 hits this season and a slash line of .333/.379/.579.
- Martinez heads into this game on an 18-game hitting streak. During his last 10 games he is batting .381 with four doubles, two home runs, three walks and six RBI.
- Alex Verdugo has collected 27 hits this season and has an OBP of .252. He’s slugging .323 on the year.
Where To Watch Astros vs. Red Sox
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.