The opening game of the NHL Playoffs Second Round will see the Carolina Hurricanes and New York Rangers meet on Wednesday, May 18, starting at 7:00 PM ET. The Rangers are underdogs (+152) against the Hurricanes (-179).
Hurricanes vs. Rangers Predictions
Hurricanes vs. Rangers Betting Odds
Hurricanes vs. Rangers Betting Trends
- In the 74 times this season the Hurricanes have been a moneyline favorite, they have finished 52-22 in those games.
- Carolina is 26-10 when it has played with moneyline odds of -179 or shorter (72.2% win percentage).
- Based on this matchup’s moneyline, the Hurricanes have an implied probability of 64.2% to win.
- The Hurricanes’ 277 total goals (3.4 per game) make them the ninth-best scoring team in the league.
- Defensively, the Hurricanes have been the stingiest squad in league play, allowing 200 total goals (just 2.4 per game).
- The Rangers have claimed an upset victory in 18, or 51.4%, of the 35 games they have played while the underdog this season.
- New York has six games this season playing as an underdog by +152 or longer, and is 3-3 in those contests.
- The Rangers have 250 goals this season (3.0 per game), 15th in the league.
- The Rangers have one of the best defenses in the league, allowing 204 total goals (just 2.5 per game), second in the NHL.
Hurricanes vs. Rangers Over/Under Trends
- Carolina and its opponent have combined to outscore Wednesday’s total (6 goals) 51 times this season.
- There have been 46 New York games with over 6 goals this season.
- The Hurricanes score 3.38 goals per game, compared to the Rangers’ average of 3.05, adding up to 0.4 more goals than this contest’s total of 6.
- This game’s total is 1.1 more than the 4.9 goals these two teams allow per game combined.
Hurricanes Team Leaders
- Sebastian Aho: 37 goals and 44 assists
- Andrei Svechnikov: 30 goals and 39 assists
- Teuvo Teravainen: 22 goals and 43 assists
- Frederik Andersen: 35-14-3 record, .922 save percentage, 111 goals conceded
Rangers Team Leaders
- Artemi Panarin: 22 goals and 74 assists
- Mika Zibanejad: 30 goals and 52 assists
- Chris Kreider: 52 goals and 25 assists
- Igor Shesterkin: 36-13-4 record, .935 save percentage, 106 goals given up
Where To Watch Hurricanes vs. Rangers
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for NHL predictions? Go here for all of our free NHL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.