The Tampa Bay Rays (21-14) and Detroit Tigers (12-23) clash on Monday at 6:40 PM ET, beginning a three-game series at Tropicana Field.
The favored Rays (-202 on the moneyline to win) play at home against the Tigers (+169). The Tampa Bay Rays will give the start to Corey Kluber (1-2, .00 ERA) looking for win No. 2 on the season, and the Tigers will turn to Alex Faedo. The over/under for the game is set at 7.5 total runs.
Rays vs. Tigers Predictions
Rays vs. Tigers Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Rays vs. Tigers Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Tampa Bay has a 2-1 record from the three games it was moneyline favorites over its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups (all had set totals), the Rays combined with their opponents to go over the run total five times.
- Tampa Bay’s record against the spread is 6-4-0 over its past 10 games.
- In three games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, Detroit has a record of 1-2.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Tigers and their opponents are when it comes to hitting the over.
- Detroit has wins against the spread in its last 10 chances.
Rays vs. Tigers Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Corey Kluber
- The Rays have a 4-2-0 ATS record in Kluber’s six starts with a set spread.
- The Rays are 3-2 in Kluber’s five starts this season with Tampa Bay as the moneyline favorite.
- Kluber’s team has won three of his six starts.
- Kluber has had six starts that oddsmakers set a total for this season, and one of those games finished over the total.
Projected starter: Alex Faedo
- The righty did not pitch as the moneyline underdog in any games last season.
Rays Batting Leaders
- Wander Franco paces the Rays with a team-high batting average of .285.
- Among all hitters in baseball, Franco’s home run total ranks 62nd and his RBI tally ranks 75th.
- Yandy Diaz is batting .265 with three doubles, three home runs and 19 walks.
- Diaz ranks 98th in home runs and 184th in RBI this year.
- Brandon Lowe leads the Rays with five home runs.
- Lowe takes a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .200 with a double, two triples and an RBI.
- Randy Arozarena has 10 doubles, a triple, a home run and seven walks while batting .227.
- Arozarena enters this matchup on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .176 with two walks.
Rays Batting Leaders
- Austin Meadows has been key for Detroit with 27 hits, an OBP of .362 plus a slugging percentage of .347.
- Meadows is 312th in home runs and 147th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Miguel Cabrera leads Detroit in batting average (.297), home runs (three) and runs batted in (14) this season.
- Cabrera is 98th in home runs and 98th in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Cabrera takes a six-game hitting streak into this game. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .324 with three doubles, two home runs, two walks and seven RBI.
- Jeimer Candelario is slashing .200/.256/.317 this season for the Tigers.
- Javier Baez has 22 hits and an OBP of .252 to go with a slugging percentage of .333 this season.
- Baez has safely hit in two games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .176 with a double.
Where To Watch Rays vs. Tigers
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.