Jose Altuve carries a two-game homer streak into the Houston Astros’ (23-12) game against the Boston Red Sox (13-21) at 7:10 PM ET on Monday, at Fenway Park.
The Red Sox are a home favorite (-122) against the Astros (+103). The scheduled starters are Garrett Whitlock (1-1) for the Boston Red Sox, and Jake Odorizzi (3-2) for the Houston Astros. The over/under in the game is set at 8.5 total runs.
Red Sox vs. Astros Predictions
Red Sox vs. Astros Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Red Sox vs. Astros Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- In the last 10 games, Boston was favored on the moneyline three times, but lost each matchup.
- In their last 10 matchups — all had a set run total — the Red Sox and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total four times.
- Boston’s ATS record is 3-7-0 over its past 10 games.
- Houston is not favored for the first time in a while, as it has not been the underdog in its last 10 games.
- The Astros and their opponents have combined to hit the over two times in their last 10 games with a total.
- Houston has wins against the spread in its last 10 chances.
Red Sox vs. Astros Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Garrett Whitlock
- The Red Sox have a 3-1-0 ATS record in Whitlock’s four starts that had a set spread.
- The Red Sox were named the moneyline favorite for one Whitlock start this season — they lost.
- Whitlock’s team has a 1-3 record in his starts this season.
- Whitlock has started four contests with a total set by oddsmakers this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in two of them.
Projected starter: Jake Odorizzi
- Odorizzi’s team is 4-2-0 against the spread this season in his starts.
- His team is 1-1 this season when he starts and they’re underdogs on the moneyline.
- Odorizzi’s team has a 4-2 record in his starts this season.
- In Odorizzi’s six starts with a total, the teams have hit the over two times.
Red Sox Batting Leaders
- Rafael Devers has accumulated a team-best six home runs and 19 runs batted in.
- Devers ranks 27th in homers and 41st in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Devers has hit safely in nine games in a row. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .390 with six doubles, two home runs, four walks and nine RBI.
- Xander Bogaerts is hitting .344 to lead his team.
- Bogaerts ranks 153rd in home runs among hitters in MLB action and 111th in RBI.
- Bogaerts takes a three-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .350 with two walks and three RBI.
- J.D. Martinez has 11 doubles, four home runs and eight walks while hitting .314.
- Martinez brings a 16-game hitting streak into this game. During his last 10 games he is batting .310 with three doubles, a home run, three walks and three RBI.
- Alex Verdugo has five doubles, three home runs and eight walks while hitting .212.
Red Sox Batting Leaders
- Yordan Alvarez leads Houston with 11 home runs this season. He’s batting .257 with 21 RBI.
- In all of Major League Baseball, Alvarez is second in homers and 25th in RBI.
- Alex Bregman leads Houston in runs batted in with 22 while batting .235 with five homers.
- Bregman currently ranks 44th in homers and 20th in RBI in the major leagues.
- Kyle Tucker has 30 hits this season and a slash line of .254/.360/.432.
- Jeremy Pena leads Houston with a .276 batting average. He’s also hit six homers and has 20 RBI.
- Pena brings a nine-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last 10 games he is batting .394 with two doubles, two home runs, two walks and 10 RBI.
Where To Watch Red Sox vs. Astros
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.