The Toronto Maple Leafs host the Tampa Bay Lightning for Game 7 of the NHL Playoffs First Round at Amalie Arena on Saturday, May 14, starting at 7:00 PM ET. The teams are knotted up 3-3 in the series. Bookmakers list the Lightning as the underdog in this decisive matchup, assigning them +104 moneyline odds against the Maple Leafs (-125).
Maple Leafs vs. Lightning Predictions
Maple Leafs vs. Lightning Betting Odds
Maple Leafs vs. Lightning Betting Trends
- The Maple Leafs have gone 54-23 this season when favored on the moneyline.
- Toronto is 50-21 (winning 70.4% of its games) when it has played with moneyline odds of -125 or shorter.
- The implied moneyline probability in this game says the Maple Leafs have a 55.6% chance to win.
- The Maple Leafs’ 312 total goals (3.8 per game) rank second in the league.
- The Maple Leafs rank 19th in goals against, giving up 252 total goals (3.1 per game) in NHL play.
- The Lightning have been the underdog 15 times this season, and upset their opponent in four, or 26.7%, of those games.
- Tampa Bay has nine games this season playing as the underdog by +104 or longer, and is 3-6 in those contests.
- With 285 goals (3.5 per game), the Lightning have the NHL’s seventh-best offense.
- The Lightning have one of the best defenses in the NHL, allowing 228 total goals (2.8 per game), sixth in the league.
Maple Leafs vs. Lightning Over/Under Trends
- Toronto and its opponent have combined to outscore Saturday’s over/under (6.5 goals) 54 times this season.
- In Tampa Bay’s 90 games this season, 44 have finished with more goals than Saturday’s total of 6.5.
- These two teams combine for 7.3 goals per game, 0.7799999999999994 more than the over/under for this contest.
- The 5.8 goals per game these two teams concede are 0.7 less than the over/under set for this contest.
Maple Leafs Team Leaders
- Auston Matthews: 60 goals and 46 assists
- Mitchell Marner: 35 goals and 62 assists
- William Nylander: 34 goals and 46 assists
- Jack Campbell: 31-9-6 record, .914 save percentage, 123 goals conceded
Lightning Team Leaders
- Steven Stamkos: 42 goals and 64 assists
- Victor Hedman: 20 goals and 66 assists
- Nikita Kucherov: 25 goals and 44 assists
- Andrei Vasilevskiy: 39-18-5 record, .916 save percentage, 156 goals allowed
Where To Watch Maple Leafs vs. Lightning
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for NHL predictions? Go here for all of our free NHL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.