The New York Yankees (23-8) will look to Giancarlo Stanton, on a two-game homer streak, against the Chicago White Sox (15-15) at 8:10 PM ET on Friday, at Guaranteed Rate Field.
The White Sox are an underdog (+147 on the moneyline) when they host the Yankees (-172). The New York Yankees will give the start to Gerrit Cole (2-0, 3.97 ERA) looking for win No. 3 on the season, and the White Sox will counter with Vince Velasquez (2-2, 3.97). The over/under for this game is set at 7.5.
Yankees vs. White Sox Predictions
Yankees vs. White Sox Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Yankees vs. White Sox Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- New York played as the moneyline favorite in eight of its last 10 games, and went 6-2 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings, the Yankees and their opponents combined to go over the run total five times (all 10 of the games had set totals).
- New York’s record against the spread is 4-6-0 over its past 10 games.
- Chicago has played as the underdog in three of its past 10 games and has won two of those contests.
- The White Sox and their opponents have combined to hit the over four times in their last 10 games with a total.
- Chicago has won of its last 10 games against the spread.
Yankees vs. White Sox Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Gerrit Cole
- The Yankees have a 3-3-0 record against the spread in Cole’s starts.
- The Yankees have been favored on the moneyline in six of Cole’s starts this season, and they went 5-1 in those matchups.
- Cole’s team has a 5-1 record in his starts this season.
- Cole’s starts with a set total this season have hit the over in three of six contests.
Projected starter: Vince Velasquez
- Velásquez’s team is 2-3-0 against the spread this season in his starts.
- His team is 1-1 this season when he starts and they’re underdogs on the moneyline.
- In games Velásquez has started, his team is 3-2.
- Games Velásquez has started this season hit the over two times in five chances.
Yankees Batting Leaders
- Aaron Judge has a team-best 11 home runs.
- Judge ranks first in homers and fifth in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Judge enters this game on a four-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .300 with two home runs, two walks and seven RBI.
- Anthony Rizzo is hitting .232 with five doubles, a triple, nine home runs and 15 walks.
- Rizzo ranks third in home runs and 10th in RBI this year.
- Rizzo takes a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .167 with a double, a triple, three walks and two RBI.
- DJ LeMahieu has a team-best batting average of .305.
- LeMahieu heads into this matchup on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .375 with four doubles, four walks and an RBI.
- Stanton has racked up 28 runs batted in to lead his team.
- Stanton brings a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .333 with four home runs, two walks and 12 RBI.
Yankees Batting Leaders
- Tim Anderson is batting .333 with four home runs and 12 RBI. All three of those stats are best among Chicago hitters this season.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Anderson’s home run total is 57th, and his RBI total is 103rd.
- Luis Robert is slugging .444 this season, with a team-best four homers while driving in nine runs.
- Robert is 57th in homers and 168th in RBI among all major league batters this season.
- Robert has hit safely in 10 straight games. During his last 10 games he is batting .381 with a double, two home runs, four walks and six RBI.
- Jose Abreu leads Chicago in runs batted in (12) this season. He has a .207 batting average and a .333 slugging percentage.
- Gavin Sheets has collected 17 hits this season and has an OBP of .274. He’s slugging .372 on the year.
- Sheets has hit safely in three straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .214 with a double, two home runs, two walks and five RBI.
Where To Watch Yankees vs. White Sox
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.