Friday will see the New York Rangers and Pittsburgh Penguins meet in Game 6 of the NHL Playoffs First Round at PPG Paints Arena, starting at 7:00 PM ET. The Penguins are ahead in the series 3-2. The Penguins are underdogs (+110) against the Rangers (-132).
Rangers vs. Penguins Predictions
Rangers vs. Penguins Betting Odds
Rangers vs. Penguins Betting Trends
- The Rangers have gone 36-17 this season when listed as a moneyline favorite.
- When it has played with moneyline odds of -132 or shorter, New York has put together a 29-12 record (winning 70.7% of its games).
- The Rangers have a 56.9% chance (based on the moneyline’s implied probability) to win this contest.
- The Rangers rank 15th in the NHL with 250 goals scored (3.0 per game).
- The Rangers have allowed 204 total goals (just 2.5 per game), ranking second in NHL action for the fewest goals against.
- The Penguins have secured an upset victory in 14, or 50.0%, of the 28 games they have played while the underdog this season.
- Pittsburgh has 17 games this season playing as an underdog by +110 or longer, and is 8-9 in those contests.
- The Penguins have 269 goals this season (3.3 per game), 11th in the NHL.
- The Penguins give up 2.7 goals per game (222 in total), the fourth-fewest in the league.
Rangers vs. Penguins Over/Under Trends
- New York and its opponent have combined to outscore Friday’s total (6 goals) 43 times this season.
- A total of 54 of Pittsburgh’s games have finished with more than 6 goals this season.
- The Rangers score 3.05 goals per game, compared to the Penguins’ average of 3.28, adding up to 0.3 more goals than this contest’s total of 6.
- This game’s total is 0.8 more than the 5.2 goals these two teams concede per game combined.
Rangers Team Leaders
- Artemi Panarin: 22 goals and 74 assists
- Mika Zibanejad: 30 goals and 52 assists
- Chris Kreider: 52 goals and 25 assists
- Igor Shesterkin: 36-13-4 record, .935 save percentage, 106 goals given up
Penguins Team Leaders
- Jake Guentzel: 40 goals and 44 assists
- Sidney Crosby: 31 goals and 53 assists
- Kris Letang: 10 goals and 58 assists
- Tristan Jarry: 34-18-6 record, .919 save percentage, 138 goals conceded
Where To Watch Rangers vs. Penguins
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for NHL predictions? Go here for all of our free NHL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.