The New York Mets (22-11) host the Seattle Mariners (14-18) at 7:10 PM ET on Friday, a game featuring two of the league’s most consistent batters. Jeff McNeil has an average of .321 (10th in league) for the Mets, and J.P. Crawford ranks seventh at .333 for the Mariners.
The Mets are favored (-223 moneyline odds) when they take the field at home against the Mariners (+184). The New York Mets will hand the ball to Max Scherzer (4-1, 3.91 ERA) looking for win No. 5 on the season, and the Mariners will turn to Marco Gonzales (1-4, 3.91). The contest has a set total of 7.
Mets vs. Mariners Predictions
Mets vs. Mariners Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Mets vs. Mariners Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- New York has a 4-4 record over the eight games it was favored on the moneyline in its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups — all had a set run total — the Mets and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total five times.
- New York has gone 6-4-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Seattle has played as the underdog in seven of its past 10 games and won one of those contests.
- The Mariners and their opponents have combined to hit the over five times in their last 10 games with a total.
- Seattle is 2-8-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Mets vs. Mariners Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Max Scherzer
- The Mets have a 5-1-0 ATS record in Scherzer’s six starts with a set spread.
- The Mets are 6-1 in Scherzer’s seven starts this season with New York as the moneyline favorite.
- Scherzer’s team is 5-1 over his six starts.
- Scherzer has had seven starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined go over the total in four of those matchups.
Projected starter: Marco Gonzales
- Gonzales and his team are 2-4-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- When he is the starting pitcher, Seattle has a record of 1-4 this season when they are the underdog on the moneyline.
- Gonzales’ team has a 1-5 record in his starts this season.
- Games Gonzales has started this season hit the over four times in six chances.
Mets Batting Leaders
- Pete Alonso has put up a team-best eight home runs and 28 runs batted in.
- In MLB, Alonso ranks sixth in homers and second in RBI.
- Francisco Lindor is batting .233 with six doubles, five home runs and 13 walks.
- Lindor ranks 33rd in home runs and 33rd in RBI this year.
- McNeil leads the Mets with a .321 batting average.
- Brandon Nimmo is hitting .290 with four doubles, a triple, three home runs and 20 walks.
- Nimmo has safely hit in eight straight games. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .324 with a double, eight walks and two RBI.
Mets Batting Leaders
- Ty France is batting .325 for Seattle with a team-high 24 RBI.
- In all of MLB, France ranks 33rd in home runs and fifth in RBI.
- France enters this matchup on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .316 with a double, two walks and three RBI.
- Crawford leads Seattle in batting with a .333 average while slugging four homers and driving in 11 runs.
- Among all major league batters, Crawford ranks 55th in home runs and 118th in RBI.
- Adam Frazier has 33 hits this season and a slash line of .270/.346/.377.
- Frazier enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .474 with three doubles, five walks and an RBI.
- Eugenio Suarez’s six home runs are most among Seattle batters. He’s driven in 18 runs this season while slugging .430.
Where To Watch Mets vs. Mariners
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.