The Los Angeles Angels (21-12) and Oakland Athletics (14-19) square off on Friday at 9:40 PM ET, opening a four-game series at Oakland Coliseum.
As the favorite, the Angels (-146 moneyline odds) take the field at the Athletics (+124). The over/under for this game is set at 7.5.
Angels vs. Athletics Predictions
Angels vs. Athletics Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Angels vs. Athletics Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Los Angeles played as the moneyline favorite for seven of its last 10 games, and went 4-3 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups — all had a set run total — the Angels and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total six times.
- Los Angeles’ ATS record is 5-5-0 over its past 10 games.
- Oakland has played as the underdog in nine of its past 10 games and won four of those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Athletics and their opponents have failed to hit the over eight times.
- Oakland has won of its last 10 games against the spread.
Angels vs. Athletics Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Chase Silseth
- Silseth and his team were underdogs on the moneyline every time he pitched a season ago.
Projected starter: Daulton Jefferies
- Jefferies and his team are 2-4-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- His team has been victorious in 20% of the games he’s started as the moneyline underdog with a record of 1-4.
- Jefferies’ team has a 1-5 record in his starts this season.
- In Jefferies’ six starts with a total, the teams have hit the over two times.
Angels Batting Leaders
- Mike Trout leads the Angels with nine home runs while putting up a team-high batting average of .337.
- In baseball, Trout ranks second in homers and 25th in RBI.
- Taylor Ward is batting .367 with four doubles, a triple, seven home runs and 19 walks.
- Ward ranks 11th in homers and 43rd in RBI among hitters in MLB play.
- Ward has safely hit in three games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .333 with a home run, six walks and two RBI.
- Shohei Ohtani has six doubles, six home runs and 11 walks while hitting .250.
- Ohtani has hit safely in five games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .381 with two doubles, two home runs, a walk and seven RBI.
- Jared Walsh has capitalized on opportunities as he paces his team with 23 runs batted in.
Angels Batting Leaders
- Sean Murphy leads Oakland in home runs (four) and runs batted in (17) this season while batting .214.
- Murphy’s home run total ranks 55th in the big leagues, and he is 43rd in RBI.
- Sheldon Neuse leads Oakland in batting with a .291 average while slugging two homers and driving in 14 runs.
- Neuse ranks 133rd in homers and 72nd in RBI among all MLB hitters this year.
- Neuse enters this game on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .222 with a triple and three walks.
- Tony Kemp is slashing .226/.300/.283 this season for the Athletics.
- Elvis Andrus has collected 19 hits this season and has an OBP of .280. He’s slugging .281 on the year.
- Andrus takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .250 with a walk.
Where To Watch Angels vs. Athletics
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.