Luke Voit leads the San Diego Padres (20-12) into a contest versus the Atlanta Braves (15-17), a game after homering twice in a 7-5 defeat to the Cubs, at 7:20 PM ET on Friday.
The Braves are favored (-146 on the moneyline to win) when they take the field at home against the Padres (+125). The scheduled starters are Max Fried (4-2) for the Atlanta Braves, and Yu Darvish (3-1) for the San Diego Padres. The over/under in the game is set at 7 total runs.
Braves vs. Padres Predictions
Braves vs. Padres Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Braves vs. Padres Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Atlanta has a 2-3 record from the five games it was favored on the moneyline over its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups — all had a set run total — the Braves and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total seven times.
- Atlanta has put together a 5-5-0 record against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Over the past 10 games, San Diego has been the underdog just once and won that contest.
- In their last 11 games with a total, the Padres and their opponents have combined to hit the over six times.
- San Diego has a record of 2-9-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Braves vs. Padres Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Max Fried
- The Braves have a 4-2-0 ATS record in Fried’s six starts that had a set spread.
- The Braves have been favored on the moneyline in three of Fried’s starts this season, and they went 1-2 in those matchups.
- Fried’s team has won four of his six starts.
- Fried has had six starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined hit the over in two of those matchups.
Projected starter: Yu Darvish
- When Darvish starts, his team is 2-4-0 against the spread this season.
- His team is 1-1 this season when he starts and they’re underdogs on the moneyline.
- In games Darvish has started, his team is 4-2.
- Out of Darvish’s six starts with a total this season, two have hit the over.
Braves Batting Leaders
- Matt Olson has racked up a team-best batting average of .269.
- Olson ranks 83rd in homers and 72nd in RBI among all batters in baseball.
- Olson heads into this game on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .200 with three doubles, two walks and three RBI.
- Ozzie Albies is hitting .224 with four doubles, six home runs and 10 walks.
- Albies ranks 22nd in home runs and 88th in RBI this season.
- Austin Riley has racked up a team-best seven home runs.
- Marcell Ozuna is hitting .203 with five doubles, four home runs and seven walks.
Braves Batting Leaders
- Manny Machado leads San Diego in home runs with seven, runs batted in with 22 and his batting average of .383 is also best on his team.
- Machado is 11th in home runs and 10th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Machado takes a seven-game hitting streak into this game. During his last 10 games he is hitting .378 with a double, three home runs, seven walks and seven RBI.
- Eric Hosmer has 40 hits and an OBP of .434 to go with a slugging percentage of .550 this season.
- Hosmer is 55th overall in home runs and 16th in RBI this year.
- Hosmer takes a four-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .350 with a home run and three RBI.
- Jurickson Profar is slashing .187/.312/.402 this season for the Padres.
- Profar heads into this game on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .300 with a double, a triple and two walks.
- Jake Cronenworth has collected 25 hits this season and has an OBP of .324. He’s slugging .333 on the year.
Where To Watch Braves vs. Padres
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.