The Arizona Diamondbacks (17-15) are looking for continued production from a batter on a roll versus the Chicago Cubs (11-19) on Friday at 9:40 PM ET, at Chase Field. Jordan Luplow is on a two-game homer streak.
The Cubs are an underdog away (+107) at the Diamondbacks (-128). The Diamondbacks will give the ball to Zach Davies (1-1) versus the Cubs and Drew Smyly (1-3). The matchup has an over/under set at 8.5 total runs.
Diamondbacks vs. Cubs Predictions
Diamondbacks vs. Cubs Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Diamondbacks vs. Cubs Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Arizona was favored on the moneyline in three of its last 10 games, and went 2-1 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 outings (all had set totals), the Diamondbacks combined with their opponents to hit the over on the run total six times.
- Arizona’s ATS record is 7-3-0 over its past 10 games.
- Chicago has played as the underdog in 10 of its past 10 games and has gone 3-7 in those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Cubs and their opponents are when it comes to hitting the over.
- Chicago has wins against the spread in its last 10 chances.
Diamondbacks vs. Cubs Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Zach Davies
- When Davies starts, the Diamondbacks are 3-4-0 against the spread.
- The Diamondbacks were the moneyline favorite for one Davies start this season — they lost.
- Davies’ team is 2-4 in his six starts.
- Davies has started seven contests with a total set by bookmakers this season. The teams have combined to go over the run total in two of them.
Projected starter: Drew Smyly
- When Smyly starts, his team is 1-4-0 against the spread this season.
- His team has been victorious in 33.3% of the games he’s started as the moneyline underdog with a record of 1-2.
- Smyly’s team has won two of his five starts.
- Games Smyly has started this season hit the over one time in five chances.
Diamondbacks Batting Leaders
- Daulton Varsho paces the Diamondbacks in home runs (six), runs batted in (14) and has a team-best batting average of .245.
- In baseball, Varsho ranks 22nd in home runs and 72nd in RBI.
- Christian Walker’s six home runs are a team-high mark.
- Walker ranks 22nd in home runs among hitters in MLB and 88th in RBI.
- Ketel Marte is hitting .204 with 10 doubles, a triple, two home runs and 12 walks.
- David Peralta is hitting .211 with five doubles, four home runs and 13 walks.
Diamondbacks Batting Leaders
- Willson Contreras leads Chicago with a .304 batting average. He’s also hit four homers and has 10 RBI.
- Contreras’ home run total ranks 55th in MLB, and he is 144th in RBI.
- Contreras heads into this game on a five-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .647 with a triple, two home runs, three walks and three RBI.
- Seiya Suzuki leads Chicago in runs batted in with 16 while batting .255 with four homers.
- Among all MLB hitters, Suzuki ranks 55th in home runs and 51st in RBI.
- Suzuki has hit safely in two games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .286 with a double, a triple, two walks and an RBI.
- Ian Happ is slashing .275/.391/.385 this season for the Cubs.
- Nico Hoerner is batting .271 with an OBP of .293 and a slugging percentage of .396 this season.
Where To Watch Diamondbacks vs. Cubs
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.