Game 6 of the NHL Playoffs First Round will see the Tampa Bay Lightning hit the ice against the Toronto Maple Leafs on Thursday, May 12, beginning at 7:30 PM ET. The Maple Leafs are on top 3-2 in the series. Oddsmakers list the Maple Leafs as the underdog in this decisive matchup, giving them +107 odds on the moneyline against the Lightning (-129).
Lightning vs. Maple Leafs Predictions
Lightning vs. Maple Leafs Betting Odds
Lightning vs. Maple Leafs Betting Trends
- The Lightning have been victorious in 49 of their 73 games when they were favored on the moneyline this season (67.1%).
- When it has played with moneyline odds of -129 or shorter, Tampa Bay is 43-18 (winning 70.5% of the time).
- The implied moneyline probability in this game says the Lightning have a 56.3% chance to win.
- The Lightning’s 285 total goals (3.5 per game) make them the seventh-best scoring team in the league.
- The Lightning have conceded 228 total goals (2.8 per game), the sixth-fewest in league play.
- The Maple Leafs have been the underdog 12 times this season, and upset their opponent in five, or 41.7%, of those games.
- Toronto has seven games this season playing as the underdog by +107 or longer, and is 2-5 in those contests.
- The Maple Leafs are second in the NHL in scoring (312 goals, 3.8 per game).
- The Maple Leafs have given up 252 total goals this season (3.1 per game), 19th in the league.
Lightning vs. Maple Leafs Over/Under Trends
- This season, 43 of Tampa Bay’s 89 games have gone over Thursday’s total of 6.5 goals.
- In Toronto’s 89 games this season, 53 have finished with more goals than Thursday’s total of 6.5.
- The Lightning score 3.48 goals per game, compared to the Maple Leafs’ average of 3.8, adding up to 0.8 more goals than this contest’s total of 6.5.
- The 5.8 goals per game these two teams allow are 0.6 less than the over/under set for this contest.
Lightning Team Leaders
- Steven Stamkos: 42 goals and 64 assists
- Victor Hedman: 20 goals and 66 assists
- Nikita Kucherov: 25 goals and 44 assists
- Andrei Vasilevskiy: 39-18-5 record, .916 save percentage, 156 goals given up
Maple Leafs Team Leaders
- Auston Matthews: 60 goals and 46 assists
- Mitchell Marner: 35 goals and 62 assists
- William Nylander: 34 goals and 46 assists
- Jack Campbell: 31-9-6 record, .914 save percentage, 123 goals given up
Where To Watch Lightning vs. Maple Leafs
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for NHL predictions? Go here for all of our free NHL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.