Gavin Sheets brings a two-game homer streak into the Chicago White Sox’s (13-14) game versus the New York Yankees (21-8) at 8:10 PM ET on Thursday, at Guaranteed Rate Field.
The White Sox are favored at home (-137) versus the Yankees (+116). The White Sox will give the ball to Dylan Cease (3-1) versus the Yankees and Luis Gil. The game’s over/under is set at 7.5.
White Sox vs. Yankees Predictions
White Sox vs. Yankees Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
White Sox vs. Yankees Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Chicago played as the moneyline favorite for eight of its last 10 games, and went 5-3 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups (all 10 of them had set totals), the White Sox and their opponents combined to hit the over three times.
- Chicago’s record against the spread is 6-4-0 over its past 10 games.
- New York has been the underdog once in the past 10 games and won that contest.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Yankees and their opponents are when it comes to hitting the over.
- New York has wins against the spread in its last 10 chances.
White Sox vs. Yankees Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Dylan Cease
- The White Sox have a 4-2-0 record against the spread in Cease’s starts.
- The White Sox have been the moneyline favorite in six of Cease’s starts this season, and they went 5-1 in those games.
- Cease’s team is 5-1 in his six starts.
- Cease has had six starts with a total this season, and the teams combined hit the over in two of those matchups.
Projected starter: Luis Gil
- The right-hander did not appear in a game when his team was the moneyline underdog last season.
White Sox Batting Leaders
- Tim Anderson paces the White Sox with a .333 batting average.
- In MLB play, Anderson ranks 76th in homers and 107th in RBI.
- Anderson takes a three-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .333 with two doubles, a walk and three RBI.
- Luis Robert has three doubles, three home runs and four walks while hitting .284.
- Robert ranks 76th in homers and 194th in RBI among MLB batters this season.
- Robert takes an eight-game hitting streak into this game. In his last 10 outings he is batting .390 with two doubles, a home run, three walks and four RBI.
- Jose Abreu is hitting .222 with five doubles, three home runs and 10 walks.
- Sheets has two doubles, three home runs and four walks while hitting .217.
- Sheets has hit safely in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .200 with two home runs, a walk and six RBI.
White Sox Batting Leaders
- Aaron Judge is batting .283 this season with a team-high nine home runs and 21 RBI.
- Judge ranks first in home runs and 10th in RBI among all batters in MLB.
- Judge has safely hit in three straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .263 with a home run, two walks and three RBI.
- Anthony Rizzo has collected 22 hits this season and has an OBP of .336. He’s slugging .437 on the year.
- Rizzo ranks 18th in homers and 44th in RBI among all MLB batters this season.
- DJ LeMahieu leads New York with a .284 batting average while slugging two homers and driving in nine runs.
- LeMahieu brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .267 with two doubles and three walks.
- Giancarlo Stanton is a key run producer for New York with a .240 average, seven homers and 21 RBI.
Where To Watch White Sox vs. Yankees
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.