The Arizona Diamondbacks (17-14) aim to add to their three-game winning streak when they meet the Miami Marlins (13-17) on Wednesday at 3:40 PM ET, at Chase Field.
The Diamondbacks (-116 moneyline odds to win) meet the Marlins (-103) in a projected close contest. The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Arizona Diamondbacks looking to Merrill Kelly (3-1), and Sandy Alcantara (2-2) getting the nod for the Miami Marlins. The over/under for this game is 7.
Diamondbacks vs. Marlins Predictions
Diamondbacks vs. Marlins Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Diamondbacks vs. Marlins Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Arizona has a 2-1 record across the three games it was favored on the moneyline in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 outings (all 10 of them had set totals), the Diamondbacks and their opponents combined to hit the over five times.
- Arizona’s ATS record is 8-2-0 over its past 10 games.
- Miami has played as the underdog in three of its past 10 games and won one of those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Marlins and their opponents are when it comes to hitting the over.
- Miami is 3-7-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Diamondbacks vs. Marlins Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Merrill Kelly
- When Kelly starts, the Diamondbacks are 4-2-0 against the spread.
- The Diamondbacks were named the moneyline favorite for one Kelly start this season — they won.
- Kelly’s team is 4-2 over his six starts.
- Kelly has had six starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined hit the over in one of those games.
Projected starter: Sandy Alcantara
- Alcantara and his team have a record of 3-3-0 against the spread when he starts.
- His team is 0-2 this season when he starts and they’re underdogs on the moneyline.
- Alcantara’s team has won two of his six starts this season.
- Games Alcantara has started this season hit the over two times in six chances.
Diamondbacks Batting Leaders
- Daulton Varsho leads the Diamondbacks in home runs (six), runs batted in (14) and has racked up a team-best batting average of .255.
- Among hitters in MLB action, Varsho ranks 17th in homers and 61st in RBI.
- Varsho has hit safely in nine games in a row. During his last nine outings he is hitting .351 with five doubles, two home runs, three walks and five RBI.
- Christian Walker has hit six home runs to pace his team.
- Walker currently ranks 17th in home runs and 76th in RBI in the majors.
- Walker has safely hit in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .353 with three doubles, three walks and two RBI.
- Ketel Marte is batting .211 with 10 doubles, a triple, two home runs and 12 walks.
- David Peralta is hitting .220 with five doubles, four home runs and 13 walks.
Diamondbacks Batting Leaders
- Jazz Chisholm leads Miami in batting average (.300), home runs (five) and runs batted in (21) this season.
- Chisholm is 32nd in homers and 10th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Joey Wendle has 22 hits and an OBP of .353 to go with a slugging percentage of .403 this season.
- Wendle is 195th in home runs and 176th in RBI among all MLB hitters this season.
- Wendle has hit safely in three straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .286 with two walks.
- Jesus Aguilar is slashing .260/.339/.375 this season for the Marlins.
- Jorge Soler’s five home runs are most among Miami batters. He’s driven in 14 runs this season while slugging .354.
- Soler brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .235 with a double, two home runs, a walk and six RBI.
Where To Watch Diamondbacks vs. Marlins
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.