The Arizona Diamondbacks (17-14) aim to add to their three-game winning streak when they meet the Miami Marlins (13-17) on Wednesday at 3:40 PM ET, at Chase Field.
The Diamondbacks (-116 moneyline odds to win) meet the Marlins (-103) in a projected close contest. The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Arizona Diamondbacks looking to Merrill Kelly (3-1), and Sandy Alcantara (2-2) getting the nod for the Miami Marlins. The over/under for this game is 7.
Diamondbacks vs. Marlins Predictions
Diamondbacks vs. Marlins Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Diamondbacks vs. Marlins Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Arizona has a 2-1 record across the three games it was favored on the moneyline in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 outings (all 10 of them had set totals), the Diamondbacks and their opponents combined to hit the over five times.
- Arizona’s ATS record is 8-2-0 over its past 10 games.
- Miami has played as the underdog in three of its past 10 games and won one of those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Marlins and their opponents are when it comes to hitting the over.
- Miami is 3-7-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Diamondbacks vs. Marlins Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Merrill Kelly
- When Kelly starts, the Diamondbacks are 4-2-0 against the spread.
- The Diamondbacks were named the moneyline favorite for one Kelly start this season — they won.
- Kelly’s team is 4-2 over his six starts.
- Kelly has had six starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined hit the over in one of those games.
Projected starter: Sandy Alcantara
- Alcantara and his team have a record of 3-3-0 against the spread when he starts.
- His team is 0-2 this season when he starts and they’re underdogs on the moneyline.
- Alcantara’s team has won two of his six starts this season.
- Games Alcantara has started this season hit the over two times in six chances.
Diamondbacks Batting Leaders
- Daulton Varsho leads the Diamondbacks in home runs (six), runs batted in (14) and has racked up a team-best batting average of .255.
- Among hitters in MLB action, Varsho ranks 17th in homers and 61st in RBI.
- Varsho has hit safely in nine games in a row. During his last nine outings he is hitting .351 with five doubles, two home runs, three walks and five RBI.
- Christian Walker has hit six home runs to pace his team.
- Walker currently ranks 17th in home runs and 76th in RBI in the majors.
- Walker has safely hit in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .353 with three doubles, three walks and two RBI.
- Ketel Marte is batting .211 with 10 doubles, a triple, two home runs and 12 walks.
- David Peralta is hitting .220 with five doubles, four home runs and 13 walks.
Diamondbacks Batting Leaders
- Jazz Chisholm leads Miami in batting average (.300), home runs (five) and runs batted in (21) this season.
- Chisholm is 32nd in homers and 10th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Joey Wendle has 22 hits and an OBP of .353 to go with a slugging percentage of .403 this season.
- Wendle is 195th in home runs and 176th in RBI among all MLB hitters this season.
- Wendle has hit safely in three straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .286 with two walks.
- Jesus Aguilar is slashing .260/.339/.375 this season for the Marlins.
- Jorge Soler’s five home runs are most among Miami batters. He’s driven in 14 runs this season while slugging .354.
- Soler brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .235 with a double, two home runs, a walk and six RBI.
Where To Watch Diamondbacks vs. Marlins
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.