The Texas Rangers (11-15) and Kansas City Royals (9-16) square off in the first of a three-game series on Tuesday at Globe Life Field, at 8:05 PM ET. The Rangers are coming off a series defeat to the Yankees, and the Royals a series loss to the Orioles.
The Royals are an underdog (+116 moneyline odds) when they visit the Rangers (-136). The Texas Rangers will give the start to Martin Perez (0-2, 1.74 ERA) looking for win No. 1 on the season, and the Royals will turn to Brad Keller (1-2, 1.74). The over/under for this game is set at 8.
Rangers vs. Royals Predictions
Rangers vs. Royals Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Rangers vs. Royals Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Texas has not been favored on the moneyline in the last 10 games.
- In their last 10 outings, the Rangers and their opponents combined to hit the over three times (all 10 of the games had set totals).
- Texas’ ATS record is 9-1-0 over its past 10 games.
- Kansas City has played as the underdog in 10 of its past 10 games and won two of those contests.
- When it comes to hitting the over, the Royals and their opponents are in their last 11 games with a total.
- Kansas City has wins against the spread in its last 11 chances.
Rangers vs. Royals Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Martín Pérez
- The Rangers have a 3-2-0 record against the spread in Pérez’s starts.
- The Rangers were named the moneyline favorite for one Pérez start this season — they lost.
- Over Pérez’s five starts, his team is 2-3.
- Pérez’s starts hit the over on the run total one time in five games with a set total this season.
Projected starter: Brad Keller
- Keller’s team is 2-3-0 against the spread in his starts this season.
- When he starts a game and his team is the underdog on the moneyline, they have a record of 2-1.
- Keller’s team has a 3-2 record in his starts this season.
- In Keller’s five starts with a total, the teams have hit the over one time.
Rangers Batting Leaders
- Adolis Garcia leads the Rangers with four home runs and 18 runs batted in.
- Among all hitters in MLB action, Garcia’s home run total ranks 41st and his RBI tally ranks 19th.
- Jonah Heim has three doubles, three home runs and eight walks while hitting .342.
- Heim ranks 71st in homers and 112th in RBI among hitters in baseball.
- Heim enters this matchup on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .364 with a double, a home run, three walks and an RBI.
- Corey Seager has hit a team-best four home runs.
- Marcus Semien has six doubles and nine walks while hitting .184.
Rangers Batting Leaders
- Andrew Benintendi leads Kansas City in runs batted in with 12 while batting .344, which is also best on the team.
- In all of Major League Baseball, Benintendi is 185th in homers and 80th in RBI.
- Hunter Dozier has collected 22 hits this season and has an OBP of .302. He’s slugging .488 on the year.
- Dozier ranks 71st overall in homers and 184th in RBI this year.
- Bobby Witt Jr. is slashing .231/.263/.341 this season for the Royals.
- Michael A. Taylor has 15 hits and an OBP of .316 to go with a slugging percentage of .309 this season.
Where To Watch Rangers vs. Royals
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.