Shohei Ohtani leads the Los Angeles Angels (19-11) into a contest versus the Tampa Bay Rays (18-11), after homering twice in an 11-3 victory over the Rays, at 9:38 PM ET on Tuesday.
The Rays are a tight favorite (-114 to win on the moneyline) when they play the Angels (-104). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Tampa Bay Rays looking to Corey Kluber (1-1), and Reid Detmers (1-1) getting the nod for the Los Angeles Angels. The contest has a set total of 8.
Rays vs. Angels Predictions
Rays vs. Angels Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Rays vs. Angels Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Tampa Bay was favored on the moneyline in seven of its last 10 games, and finished 5-2 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 outings (all had set totals), the Rays combined with their opponents to hit the over on the total seven times.
- Tampa Bay is 6-4-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Los Angeles has played as the underdog in three of its past 10 games and won one of those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Angels and their opponents have combined to hit the over six times.
- Los Angeles has won of its last 10 games against the spread.
Rays vs. Angels Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Corey Kluber
- The Rays have a 4-1-0 record against the spread in Kluber’s starts.
- The Rays have been the moneyline favorite in four of Kluber’s starts this season, and they went 3-1 in those games.
- Kluber’s team has won three of his five starts.
- Kluber has five starts with a total this season — his team has gone under each time.
Projected starter: Reid Detmers
- Detmers and his team have a record of 3-2-0 against the spread when he starts.
- His team won his only start as an underdog this season.
- Detmers’ team is 3-2 when he starts this season.
- In Detmers’ five starts with a total, the teams have hit the over three times.
Rays Batting Leaders
- Wander Franco has eight doubles, a triple, four home runs and five walks while batting .310.
- Among all hitters in baseball, Franco’s home run total ranks 41st and his RBI tally ranks 37th.
- Franco has safely hit in five games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .409 with a double, a walk and an RBI.
- Manuel Margot has a club-leading 20 runs batted in and .325 batting average.
- Margot ranks 71st in home runs among hitters in MLB play and 12th in RBI.
- Margot has safely hit in nine games in a row. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .429 with two doubles, a triple, three home runs, two walks and 13 RBI.
- Yandy Diaz has three doubles, two home runs and 16 walks while hitting .289.
- Brandon Lowe has hit five home runs to lead his team.
Rays Batting Leaders
- Taylor Ward leads Los Angeles in homers with six while also maintaining a team-best .364 batting average.
- Ward ranks 14th in homers and 37th in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Ward heads into this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .333 with a home run, six walks and two RBI.
- Mike Trout’s six home runs are most among Los Angeles batters. He’s driven in 13 runs this season while slugging .625.
- Trout is 14th in home runs and 63rd in RBI among all hitters in the major leagues.
- Ohtani has collected 26 base hits, an OBP of .294 and a slugging percentage of .374 this season.
- Ohtani takes a three-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .368 with a double, two home runs, two walks and nine RBI.
- Jared Walsh is a key run producer for Los Angeles with a .260 average, five homers and 19 RBI.
- Walsh has hit safely in six games in a row. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .289 with a double, four home runs, two walks and 12 RBI.
Where To Watch Rays vs. Angels
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.