The Chicago Cubs (9-17) will try to stop a four-game losing streak when visiting the San Diego Padres (19-10) at 9:40 PM ET on Monday.
The Cubs are an away underdog (+127) against the Padres (-146). The San Diego Padres will hand the ball to MacKenzie Gore (2-0, 5.64 ERA) looking for win No. 3 on the season, and the Cubs will counter with Kyle Hendricks (1-3, 5.64). The contest has a set total of 7.
Padres vs. Cubs Predictions
Padres vs. Cubs Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Padres vs. Cubs Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- San Diego was favored on the moneyline for each of its last 10 games, and finished 6-4 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups, the Padres and their opponents combined to go over the run total seven times (11 of the 10 games had set totals).
- San Diego’s ATS record is 4-7-0 over its past 10 games.
- Chicago has played as the underdog in 10 of its past 10 games and has won two of those contests.
- When it comes to hitting the over, the Cubs and their opponents are in their last 10 games with a total.
- Chicago has wins against the spread in its last 10 chances.
Padres vs. Cubs Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: MacKenzie Gore
- The Padres have a 2-3-0 record against the spread in Gore’s starts.
- The Padres have a 2-3 record in Gore’s five starts this season when they were the moneyline favorite.
- Gore’s team is 2-2 over his four starts.
- Gore has started five contests with a total set by sportsbooks this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in three of them.
Projected starter: Kyle Hendricks
- Hendricks’ team is 4-2-0 against the spread in his starts this season.
- When he is the starting pitcher, Chicago has a record of 2-2 this season when they are the underdog on the moneyline.
- Hendricks’ team has won three of his six starts.
- Games started by Hendricks have a 3-2-1 record at hitting the over this season.
Padres Batting Leaders
- Manny Machado paces the Padres with seven home runs and 21 runs batted in, while accumulating a team-high batting average of .385.
- Machado’s home runs rank sixth in MLB and he ranks seventh in RBI in MLB.
- Machado brings a four-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .412 with two home runs, four walks and three RBI.
- Eric Hosmer is batting .351 with eight doubles, three home runs and 13 walks.
- Hosmer ranks 71st in home runs and 19th in RBI this season.
- Jurickson Profar is batting .170 with five doubles, five home runs and 18 walks.
- Profar has hit safely in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .176 with a double, four walks and an RBI.
- Jake Cronenworth is batting .208 with two doubles, two triples, two home runs and 17 walks.
- Cronenworth heads into this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .211 with two walks.
Padres Batting Leaders
- Seiya Suzuki leads Chicago in runs batted in with 15 and has a batting average of .256.
- Suzuki ranks 41st in home runs and 37th in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Willson Contreras is batting .256 with an OBP of .358 and a slugging percentage of .463 this season.
- Contreras is 71st overall in home runs and 137th in RBI this season.
- Contreras enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .353 with a triple, a home run, a walk and two RBI.
- Patrick Wisdom leads Chicago in home runs (five) and runs batted in (15) this season while batting .238.
- Ian Happ has 20 hits and an OBP of .387 to go with a slugging percentage of .382 this season.
Where To Watch Padres vs. Cubs
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.