The Los Angeles Angels (19-11) host the Tampa Bay Rays (18-11) to kick off a three-game series at Angel Stadium, with first pitch at 9:38 PM ET on Monday. The Angels are on the back of a series victory over the Nationals, and the Rays a series win over the Mariners.
The favored Angels (-119 moneyline odds) take the field at home against the Rays (+101). The Angels will start Noah Syndergaard (2-1) versus the Rays and Jeffrey Springs (1-0). The game’s total is 7.5.
Angels vs. Rays Predictions
Angels vs. Rays Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Angels vs. Rays Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Los Angeles went 4-2 over the six games it was favored on the moneyline in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 outings (all 10 of them had set totals), the Angels and their opponents combined to go over the run total five times.
- Los Angeles’ ATS record is 4-6-0 over its past 10 games.
- Over the past 10 games, Tampa Bay has been the underdog twice and split those games 1-1.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Rays and their opponents have failed to hit the over four times.
- Tampa Bay has a record of 7-3-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Angels vs. Rays Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Noah Syndergaard
- The Angels have a 2-2-0 record against the spread in Syndergaard’s starts.
- The Angels have been the moneyline favorite in four of Syndergaard’s starts this season, and they went 2-2 in those games.
- Over Syndergaard’s four starts, his team is 2-2.
- Syndergaard has started four contests with a total set by sportsbooks this season. The teams have combined to go over the run total in one of them.
Projected starter: Jeffrey Springs
- Springs and his team failed to cover the spread in his only opportunity this season as a starter.
- This will be his first game as the moneyline underdog this season.
- Springs’ team won in his only start this season.
- The only game started by Springs with a total this season hit the under.
Angels Batting Leaders
- Taylor Ward leads the Angels with six home runs while racking up a team-best batting average of .364.
- Among batters in MLB play, Ward ranks 14th in home runs and 37th in RBI.
- Ward has hit safely in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .333 with a home run, six walks and two RBI.
- Mike Trout has hit six home runs to pace his team.
- Trout ranks 14th in home runs among hitters in MLB play and 63rd in RBI.
- Shohei Ohtani has five doubles, four home runs and 11 walks while hitting .226.
- Ohtani has hit safely in two straight games. In his last five games he is batting .222 with a double, four walks and four RBI.
- Jared Walsh’s 19 runs batted in are a team-high mark.
- Walsh takes a five-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .450 with a double, three home runs, a walk and nine RBI.
Angels Batting Leaders
- Wander Franco has been key for Tampa Bay with 35 hits, an OBP of .336 plus a slugging percentage of .504.
- Franco’s home run total ranks 41st in the big leagues, and he is 37th in RBI.
- Franco takes a four-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .273 with a walk and an RBI.
- Manuel Margot leads Tampa Bay in batting average (.325) and runs batted in (20) this season.
- Margot ranks 71st in home runs and 12th in RBI among all major league hitters this season.
- Margot enters this game on an eight-game hitting streak. In his last 10 games he is batting .400 with two doubles, a triple, three home runs, three walks and 13 RBI.
- Yandy Diaz has 24 hits this season and a slash line of .289/.416/.398.
- Brandon Lowe leads Tampa Bay in home runs with five while driving in 11 runs and slugging .392.
Where To Watch Angels vs. Rays
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.