The Minnesota Twins (18-11) will try to keep a three-game win streak alive when they host the Houston Astros (18-11) at 7:40 PM ET on Tuesday.
The Twins are an underdog (+130 moneyline odds) when they take on the Astros (-150). The starting pitchers are Justin Verlander (3-1) for the Houston Astros, and Joe Ryan (3-1) for the Minnesota Twins. The contest has an over/under of 7.
Astros vs. Twins Predictions
Astros vs. Twins Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Astros vs. Twins Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Houston played as the moneyline favorite for seven of its last 10 games, and won all of them.
- Over their last 10 outings, the Astros and their opponents combined to hit the over on the run total two times (all 10 games had set totals).
- Houston has put together a 7-3-0 record against the spread over its past 10 games.
- In three games over the last 10 matchups when set as the underdog by bookmakers, Minnesota has a record of 2-1.
- The Twins and their opponents have combined to hit the over four times in their last 10 games with a total.
- Minnesota has wins against the spread in its last 10 chances.
Astros vs. Twins Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Justin Verlander
- The Astros have a 2-3-0 ATS record in Verlander’s five starts with a set spread.
- The Astros are 3-1 in Verlander’s four starts this season with Houston as the moneyline favorite.
- Verlander’s team has compiled a 3-2 record in his five starts.
- Verlander has had five starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined hit the over in one of those games.
Projected starter: Joe Ryan
- Ryan’s team is 3-2-0 against the spread in his starts this season.
- His team won his only start as an underdog this season.
- Ryan’s team has a 4-1 record in his starts this season.
- In Ryan’s five starts with a total, the teams have hit the over two times.
Astros Batting Leaders
- Alex Bregman has put up a team-best 17 runs batted in.
- Bregman ranks 28th in homers and 24th in RBI among all hitters in MLB play.
- Yordan Alvarez has hit eight home runs to pace his team.
- Alvarez ranks third in home runs and 37th in RBI among hitters in MLB action.
- Jeremy Pena is batting .242 with four doubles, a triple, six home runs and seven walks.
- Pena heads into this matchup on a six-game hitting streak. In his last 10 games he is batting .235 with a double, three home runs, a walk and eight RBI.
- Kyle Tucker has made the most of his opportunities as he leads his team with 17 runs batted in.
Astros Batting Leaders
- Byron Buxton leads Minnesota in home runs with nine and runs batted in with 17.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Buxton is first in home runs and 24th in RBI.
- Max Kepler has collected 22 hits this season and has an OBP of .352. He’s slugging .444 on the year.
- Among all MLB hitters, Kepler is 28th in homers and 80th in RBI.
- Jorge Polanco is among the top hitters for Minnesota with a .235 average, three homers and 17 RBI.
- Polanco has safely hit in nine games in a row. During his last 10 outings he is batting .316 with four doubles, a home run, three walks and nine RBI.
- Carlos Correa leads Minnesota with a .255 batting average.
Where To Watch Astros vs. Twins
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.