J.D. Martinez rides a 10-game hitting streak into the Boston Red Sox’s (10-18) game against the Atlanta Braves (14-16), at 7:20 PM ET on Tuesday, at Truist Park.
The Braves are favored at home (-145) against the Red Sox (+125). The Braves will give the ball to Kyle Wright (3-1) against the Red Sox and Garrett Whitlock (1-1). The matchup has an over/under set at 8.5 total runs.
Braves vs. Red Sox Predictions
Braves vs. Red Sox Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Braves vs. Red Sox Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Atlanta was the moneyline favorite for five of its last 10 games, and finished 2-3 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups (all 10 of them had set totals), the Braves and their opponents combined to go over the run total seven times.
- Atlanta is 5-5-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- In five games over the last 10 matchups when set as the underdog by bookmakers, Boston has a record of 2-3.
- The Red Sox and their opponents have combined to hit the over three times in their last 10 games with a total.
- Boston has won of its last 10 games against the spread.
Braves vs. Red Sox Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Kyle Wright
- The Braves have a 3-2-0 record against the spread in Wright’s starts.
- The Braves were the moneyline favorite for three Wright starts this season — they won each time.
- Wright’s team is 4-1 over his five starts.
- Wright’s team has fallen short of the total in each of his five starts with a total this season.
Projected starter: Garrett Whitlock
- When Whitlock starts, his team is 2-1-0 against the spread this season.
- His team is 0-2 this season when he starts and they’re underdogs on the moneyline.
- Whitlock and his team have lost each of the three games he’s started this season.
- Games Whitlock has started this season hit the over one time in three chances.
Braves Batting Leaders
- Matt Olson paces the Braves with a team-high batting average of .264.
- Olson’s home runs rank 71st in MLB and he ranks 63rd in RBI in MLB.
- Ozzie Albies is batting .231 with four doubles, six home runs and 10 walks.
- Albies ranks 14th in homers and 63rd in RBI among hitters in MLB play.
- Albies enters this matchup on a five-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .350 with two RBI.
- Austin Riley leads the Braves with seven home runs and 14 runs batted in.
- Marcell Ozuna is hitting .214 with five doubles, four home runs and six walks.
Braves Batting Leaders
- Rafael Devers leads Boston in home runs this season with four while driving in 11 runs.
- Devers’ home run total ranks 41st in the big leagues, and he is 98th in RBI.
- Devers takes a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .350 with a double, a home run, two walks and two RBI.
- Xander Bogaerts leads Boston in batting with a .352 average while slugging two homers and driving in 10 runs.
- Bogaerts is 116th in home runs and 112th in RBI among all batters in MLB.
- Bogaerts enters this game on a four-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .286 with a home run, a walk and an RBI.
- Martinez leads Boston in runs batted in (14) this season. He has a .296 batting average and a .531 slugging percentage.
- Martinez brings a 10-game hitting streak into this game. In his last 10 outings he is batting .357 with six doubles, two home runs and eight RBI.
- Alex Verdugo is batting .210 with an OBP of .245 and a slugging percentage of .320 this season.
Where To Watch Braves vs. Red Sox
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.