The New York Rangers and Pittsburgh Penguins meet in Game 4 of the NHL Playoffs First Round at PPG Paints Arena on Monday, May 9, beginning at 7:00 PM ET. The Penguins lead the series 2-1. The Rangers are the favorite (-116) in this matchup against the Penguins (-104).
Rangers vs. Penguins Predictions
Rangers vs. Penguins Betting Odds
Rangers vs. Penguins Betting Trends
- The Rangers have gone 34-16 this season when listed as a moneyline favorite.
- When playing with moneyline odds of -116 or shorter, New York has compiled a 33-16 record (winning 67.3% of its games).
- The implied moneyline probability for this game says the Rangers have a 53.7% chance to win.
- The Rangers rank 15th in the NHL with 250 goals scored (3.0 per game).
- The Rangers have given up 204 total goals (just 2.5 per game), the second-fewest in NHL action.
- The Penguins have been listed as the underdog 25 times this season, and upset their opponent 13 times.
- Pittsburgh is 12-11 when oddsmakers have listed them as underdogs of -104 or longer on the moneyline.
- The Penguins’ 269 goals on the season (3.3 per game) rank them 11th in the league.
- The Penguins’ total of 222 goals conceded (2.7 per game) is fourth in the league.
Rangers vs. Penguins Over/Under Trends
- This season, 40 of New York’s 86 games have gone over Monday’s over/under of 6 goals.
- In Pittsburgh’s 87 games this season, 51 have finished with more goals than Monday’s over/under of 6.
- These two teams combine for 6.3 goals per game, 0.33 more than the total for this contest.
- These two teams give up a combined 5.2 goals per game, 0.8 less than this one’s over/under.
Rangers Team Leaders
- Artemi Panarin: 22 goals and 74 assists
- Mika Zibanejad: 30 goals and 52 assists
- Chris Kreider: 52 goals and 25 assists
- Igor Shesterkin: 36-13-4 record, .935 save percentage, 106 goals given up
Penguins Team Leaders
- Sidney Crosby: 31 goals and 53 assists
- Jake Guentzel: 40 goals and 44 assists
- Kris Letang: 10 goals and 58 assists
- Tristan Jarry: 34-18-6 record, .919 save percentage, 138 goals conceded
Where To Watch Rangers vs. Penguins
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for NHL predictions? Go here for all of our free NHL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.