The Detroit Tigers (8-19) host the Oakland Athletics (10-18) at 7:10 PM ET on Monday, in an outing between a pair of teams on losing streaks. The Tigers have dropped five straight games, and the Athletics nine straight.
The Tigers are the road favorite (-134) against the Athletics (+113). The Tigers will give the ball to Michael Pineda (1-1) versus the Athletics and Paul Blackburn (3-0). The matchup has an over/under of 7 total runs.
Tigers vs. Athletics Predictions
Tigers vs. Athletics Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Tigers vs. Athletics Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Over the last 10 games, Detroit was listed as the moneyline favorite by bookmakers just two times, and it split those games.
- In their last 10 outings, the Tigers and their opponents combined to hit the over on the run total three times (all 10 games had set totals).
- Detroit’s ATS record is 4-6-0 over its past 10 games.
- Oakland has played as the underdog in nine of its past 10 games and won one of those contests.
- When it comes to hitting the over, the Athletics and their opponents are in their last 10 games with a total.
- Oakland has a record of 4-6-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Tigers vs. Athletics Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Michael Pineda
- The Tigers have a 1-2-0 ATS record in Pineda’s three starts with a set spread.
- The Tigers were favored on the moneyline for one Pineda start this season — they won.
- Pineda’s team has won two of his three starts.
- Pineda has started three games with a total this season. His team has gone under in each of them.
Projected starter: Paul Blackburn
- Blackburn and his team are 4-1-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- His team is 3-1 this season when he starts and they are the moneyline underdog.
- Blackburn’s team has a 4-1 record in his starts this season.
- In Blackburn’s five starts with a total, the teams have hit the over four times.
Tigers Batting Leaders
- Austin Meadows has put up a team-best batting average of .284 while leading the Tigers in runs batted in (11).
- Among batters in MLB action, Meadows ranks 289th in homers and 98th in RBI.
- Jeimer Candelario has five doubles, two home runs and six walks while hitting .200.
- Among all MLB hitters, Candelario ranks 114th in homers and 163rd in RBI.
- Javier Baez has racked up a team-high 11 runs batted in.
- Robbie Grossman is batting .262 with four doubles and 14 walks.
Tigers Batting Leaders
- Sean Murphy leads Oakland in home runs with four and runs batted in with 15.
- In all of Major League Baseball, Murphy ranks 41st in home runs and 36th in RBI.
- Sheldon Neuse leads Oakland in batting with a .304 average while slugging two homers and driving in 14 runs.
- Neuse ranks 114th in homers and 50th in RBI among all hitters in the major leagues.
- Neuse heads into this game on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .286 with a double and an RBI.
- Seth Brown leads Oakland in runs batted in (15) this season. He has a .185 batting average and a .333 slugging percentage.
- Elvis Andrus is batting .184 with an OBP of .268 and a slugging percentage of .276 this season.
Where To Watch Tigers vs. Athletics
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.