The Chicago White Sox (10-13) and Boston Red Sox (10-16) clash on Saturday at 4:10 PM ET, opening a three-game series at Fenway Park.
The Red Sox are an underdog (+116 on the moneyline to win) when they take on the White Sox (-136). The White Sox will start Dylan Cease (3-1) against the Red Sox and Nick Pivetta (0-4). The contest has a set total of 8.
White Sox vs. Red Sox Predictions
White Sox vs. Red Sox Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
White Sox vs. Red Sox Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Chicago was the moneyline favorite for eight of its last 10 games, and went 4-4 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups (all 10 of them had set totals), the White Sox and their opponents combined to go over the run total five times.
- Chicago’s ATS record is 4-6-0 over its past 10 games.
- Boston has played as the underdog in six of its past 10 games and won two of those contests.
- When it comes to hitting the over, the Red Sox and their opponents are in their last 10 games with a total.
- Over its last 10 games, Boston is 5-5-0 against the spread.
White Sox vs. Red Sox Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Dylan Cease
- The White Sox have gone 3-2-0 against the spread when Cease starts.
- The White Sox have been favored on the moneyline in five of Cease’s starts this season, and they went 4-1 in those matchups.
- Cease’s team has won four of his five starts.
- Cease has started five contests with a total set by sportsbooks this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in two of them.
Projected starter: Nick Pivetta
- When Pivetta starts, his team is 1-4-0 against the spread this season.
- He and his team have lost each of the three games he’s started as the moneyline underdog.
- Pivetta’s team has yet to win in any of his starts this season.
- Games started by Pivetta have a 3-2-0 record at hitting the over this season.
White Sox Batting Leaders
- Tim Anderson paces the White Sox with a .312 batting average.
- Among batters in baseball, Anderson ranks 63rd in home runs and 151st in RBI.
- Jose Abreu is hitting .238 with three doubles, three home runs and 10 walks.
- Abreu currently ranks 63rd in home runs and 151st in RBI in the bigs.
- Abreu brings a six-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last 10 games he is batting .278 with two home runs, five walks and four RBI.
- Luis Robert is hitting .266 with three doubles, three home runs and two walks.
- Robert has hit safely in four games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .400 with a double, a home run, a walk and three RBI.
- Yasmani Grandal has two doubles, a home run and 10 walks while hitting .162.
White Sox Batting Leaders
- Xander Bogaerts leads Boston with a batting average of .354. He’s also hit two home runs with 10 RBI.
- Bogaerts is 104th in home runs and 99th in RBI among all batters in MLB.
- Bogaerts has safely hit in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .263 with a double, a home run, three walks and two RBI.
- Rafael Devers’ four home runs are most among Boston batters. He’s driven in 10 runs this season while slugging .459.
- Devers ranks 35th among batters in the majors in homers, and 99th in RBI.
- J.D. Martinez leads Boston in RBI with 13 while batting .306 with three home runs.
- Martinez enters this matchup on an eight-game hitting streak. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .350 with five doubles, two home runs, a walk and seven RBI.
- Alex Verdugo leads Boston in runs batted in (13) this season. He’s batting .217 while slugging .337.
Where To Watch White Sox vs. Red Sox
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.