The San Francisco Giants (14-11) take a four-game losing run into a home matchup versus the St. Louis Cardinals (14-10), at 10:15 PM ET on Friday.
The Giants are favored (-125 moneyline odds to win) when they take on the Cardinals (+105). The San Francisco Giants will give the start to Alex Cobb (1-1, 3.65 ERA) looking for win No. 2 on the season, and the Cardinals will counter with Jordan Hicks (1-2, 3.65). The game’s over/under is set at 7.5.
Giants vs. Cardinals Predictions
Giants vs. Cardinals Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Giants vs. Cardinals Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- San Francisco was the moneyline favorite in seven of its last 10 games, and finished 3-4 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings (all 10 of them had set totals), the Giants and their opponents combined to hit the over seven times.
- San Francisco’s record against the spread is 4-6-0 over its past 10 games.
- St. Louis has played as the underdog in three of its past 10 games and has gone 1-2 in those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Cardinals and their opponents have failed to hit the over three times.
- St. Louis has wins against the spread in its last 10 chances.
Giants vs. Cardinals Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Alex Cobb
- The Giants are 2-1-0 against the spread when Cobb starts.
- The Giants were favored on the moneyline for two Cobb starts this season — they split the games.
- Cobb’s team has put together a 1-2 record over his three starts.
- Cobb has started three games with a set total this season — his team has hit the over in each of them.
Projected starter: Jordan Hicks
- Hicks and his team are 1-2-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- His team is 0-2 this season when he starts and they’re underdogs on the moneyline.
- Hicks’ team has won one of his three starts this season.
- Games Hicks has started this season hit the over one time in three chances.
Giants Batting Leaders
- Wilmer Flores has put up a team-high batting average of .279.
- In baseball, Flores ranks 102nd in home runs and 50th in RBI.
- Flores heads into this game on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .235 with four walks and an RBI.
- Thairo Estrada’s 14 runs batted in are a team-high mark.
- Estrada ranks 102nd in home runs among hitters in MLB play and 38th in RBI.
- Joc Pederson paces the Giants with six home runs.
- Brandon Crawford is hitting .221 with four doubles, two home runs and nine walks.
- Crawford takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .176 with a home run, four walks and two RBI.
Giants Batting Leaders
- Nolan Arenado leads St. Louis in batting average (.326), home runs (seven) and runs batted in (20) this season.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Arenado’s home run total is sixth, and his RBI total is seventh.
- Tommy Edman has collected 24 hits this season and has an OBP of .419. He’s slugging .474 on the year.
- Edman is 62nd overall in homers and 50th in RBI this year.
- Paul Goldschmidt has collected 23 base hits, an OBP of .364 and a slugging percentage of .384 this season.
- Tyler O’Neill has 18 hits and an OBP of .276 to go with a slugging percentage of .353 this season.
- O’Neill brings a three-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .300 with two doubles, a triple, a home run, a walk and seven RBI.
Where To Watch Giants vs. Cardinals
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.