The New York Rangers and Pittsburgh Penguins face off in Game 3 of the NHL Playoffs First Round at PPG Paints Arena on Saturday, May 7, beginning at 7:00 PM ET. The teams are knotted up 1-1 in the series. The Rangers have -123 odds on the moneyline against the Penguins (+103).
Rangers vs. Penguins Predictions
Rangers vs. Penguins Betting Odds
Rangers vs. Penguins Betting Trends
- The Rangers have been victorious in 34 of their 49 games when they were listed as a moneyline favorite this season (69.4%).
- When playing with moneyline odds of -123 or shorter, New York has compiled a 30-12 record (winning 71.4% of its games).
- The Rangers have a 55.2% chance (based on the moneyline’s implied probability) to win this matchup.
- The Rangers rank 15th in the NHL with 250 goals scored (3.0 per game).
- Defensively, the Rangers are one of the stingiest squads in NHL play, allowing 204 total goals (just 2.5 per game) to rank second.
- The Penguins have been an underdog in 24 games this season, with 12 upset wins (50.0%).
- Pittsburgh has a record of 9-10 in games when bookmakers list them +103 or longer on the moneyline.
- The Penguins have 269 goals this season (3.3 per game), 11th in the NHL.
- The Penguins concede 2.7 goals per game (222 in total), the fourth-fewest in the NHL.
Rangers vs. Penguins Over/Under Trends
- New York and its opponent have combined to outscore Saturday’s over/under (6 goals) 39 times this season.
- This season, 50 of Pittsburgh’s games have featured more than 6 goals.
- These two teams combine for 6.3 goals per game, 0.33 more than the over/under for this contest.
- The 5.2 goals per game these two teams concede are 0.8 less than the over/under set for this contest.
Rangers Team Leaders
- Artemi Panarin: 22 goals and 74 assists
- Mika Zibanejad: 30 goals and 52 assists
- Chris Kreider: 52 goals and 25 assists
- Igor Shesterkin: 36-13-4 record, .935 save percentage, 106 goals given up
Penguins Team Leaders
- Jake Guentzel: 40 goals and 44 assists
- Sidney Crosby: 31 goals and 53 assists
- Kris Letang: 10 goals and 58 assists
- Tristan Jarry: 34-18-6 record, .919 save percentage, 138 goals allowed
Where To Watch Rangers vs. Penguins
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for NHL predictions? Go here for all of our free NHL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.