The Chicago Cubs (9-14) are looking for continued power from a batter on a roll against the Los Angeles Dodgers (16-7) on Saturday at 1:05 PM ET, at Wrigley Field. Patrick Wisdom is currently on a two-game homer streak.
The Dodgers are away from home and heavy favorites (-215) at the Cubs (+185). The Los Angeles Dodgers will give the start to Clayton Kershaw (3-0, .00 ERA) looking for win No. 4 on the season, and the Cubs will turn to Drew Smyly.
Dodgers vs. Cubs Predictions
Dodgers vs. Cubs Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Dodgers vs. Cubs Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Los Angeles has a 6-6 record from the 12 games it was moneyline favorites over its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 outings — 12 had a set run total — the Dodgers and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total three times.
- Los Angeles has a 6-6-0 record against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Chicago has played as the underdog in seven of its past 10 games and has won two of those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Cubs and their opponents have failed to hit the over five times.
- Chicago has won of its last 10 games against the spread.
Dodgers vs. Cubs Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Clayton Kershaw
- When Kershaw starts, the Dodgers have gone 3-1-0 against the spread.
- The Dodgers are 3-1 in Kershaw’s four starts this season with Los Angeles as the moneyline favorite.
- Over Kershaw’s four starts, his team is 3-1.
- Kershaw’s starts with a set total this season have hit the over in two of four games.
Projected starter: Drew Smyly
- The southpaw did not pitch as the moneyline underdog in any games last season.
Dodgers Batting Leaders
- Freddie Freeman paces the Dodgers with a team-best batting average of .299.
- Freeman’s home runs rank 62nd in MLB and he ranks 60th in RBI in MLB.
- Mookie Betts has shown his power as he paces his team with four home runs.
- Betts currently ranks 34th in homers and 149th in RBI in the majors.
- Betts heads into this matchup on a six-game hitting streak. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .297 with two home runs, five walks and three RBI.
- Trea Turner has racked up a team-best 19 runs batted in.
- Turner heads into this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .118 with a double, two walks and three RBI.
- Will Smith is batting .246 with three doubles, two home runs and nine walks.
Dodgers Batting Leaders
- Seiya Suzuki leads Chicago in runs batted in with 15 and has a batting average of .263.
- Among all batters in the majors, Suzuki’s home run total is 34th, and his RBI total is 29th.
- Ian Happ leads Chicago in batting with a .290 average while slugging two homers and driving in 11 runs.
- Among all MLB hitters, Happ ranks 102nd in home runs and 81st in RBI.
- Wisdom leads Chicago in home runs with five and runs batted in with 15.
- Wisdom takes a four-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .333 with two doubles, two home runs and two RBI.
- Willson Contreras has 17 hits and an OBP of .337 to go with a slugging percentage of .403 this season.
Where To Watch Dodgers vs. Cubs
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.