The Cincinnati Reds (3-22) host the Pittsburgh Pirates (10-13) to kick off a three-game series at Great American Ball Park, with first pitch at 12:35 PM ET on Saturday. The Reds are coming off a series defeat to the Brewers, and the Pirates a series split with the Tigers.
The Pirates are an underdog (+125 moneyline odds to win) when they square off against the Reds (-145). The Cincinnati Reds will give the start to Connor Overton (0-0, 5.32 ERA) looking for win No. 1 on the season, and the Pirates will counter with Mitch Keller (0-4, 5.32). The game’s total is set at 7.
Reds vs. Pirates Predictions
Reds vs. Pirates Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Reds vs. Pirates Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Over the last 10 games, Cincinnati has not been named the moneyline favorite by bookmakers.
- Over their last 10 outings (all had set totals), the Reds combined with their opponents to hit the over on the run total eight times.
- Cincinnati’s ATS record is 2-8-0 over its past 10 games.
- In 10 games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, Pittsburgh has a record of 4-6.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Pirates and their opponents have combined to hit the over five times.
- Pittsburgh has wins against the spread in its last 10 chances.
Reds vs. Pirates Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Connor Overton
- Overton has started just one game with a set spread, which the Reds covered.
- The Reds have always been the moneyline underdog when Overton starts this season.
- His team lost the only game he’s appeared in this season.
- Overton’s lone start with a total this season went under.
Projected starter: Mitch Keller
- Keller’s team has not covered in any of his five starts with a spread this season.
- His team has been defeated in each of the four games he’s started as the moneyline underdog.
- Keller and his team have lost each of the five games he’s started this season.
- In games Keller has started this season, the teams are 1-2-2 at hitting the over.
Reds Batting Leaders
- Tommy Pham has racked up a team-high batting average of .247, while pacing the Reds in home runs (four).
- Among batters in MLB action, Pham ranks 34th in home runs and 169th in RBI.
- Pham has safely hit in three games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .294 with a double, a home run, three walks and an RBI.
- Brandon Drury has hit four home runs with 10 runs batted in. Both lead his team.
- Drury ranks 34th in home runs and 98th in RBI among MLB hitters this season.
- Drury takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .263 with a double, a home run and three RBI.
- Kyle Farmer has a team-high 10 runs batted in.
- Tyler Stephenson is batting .263 with three home runs and four walks.
Reds Batting Leaders
- Daniel Vogelbach leads Pittsburgh in home runs this season with four while driving in 11 runs.
- Vogelbach’s home run total ranks 34th in the majors, and he is 80th in RBI.
- Ben Gamel has collected 19 hits this season and has an OBP of .364. He’s slugging .412 on the year.
- Gamel currently is 173rd in homers and 98th in RBI in the big leagues.
- Gamel has safely hit in three straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .438 with two doubles, a triple, a walk and three RBI.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes leads Pittsburgh with a .312 batting average.
- Michael Chavis leads Pittsburgh in runs batted in with 12 while batting .288 with three homers.
Where To Watch Reds vs. Pirates
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.