Game 3 of the NHL Playoffs First Round at Amalie Arena features the Tampa Bay Lightning and the Toronto Maple Leafs meeting at 7:30 PM on Friday, May 6 ET. The series is tied 1-1. Oddsmakers list the Maple Leafs as underdogs in this matchup, assigning them -104 moneyline odds against the Lightning (-117).
Lightning vs. Maple Leafs Predictions
Lightning vs. Maple Leafs Betting Odds
Lightning vs. Maple Leafs Betting Trends
- The Lightning have won 67.6% of their games when favored on the moneyline this season (48-23).
- When it has played with moneyline odds of -117 or shorter, Tampa Bay has put together a 46-22 record (winning 67.6% of its games).
- Based on the moneyline in this matchup, the Lightning’s implied win probability is 53.9%.
- The Lightning’s 285 total goals (3.5 per game) rank seventh in the NHL.
- The Lightning have conceded 228 total goals (2.8 per game), the sixth-fewest in NHL action.
- The Maple Leafs have been an underdog in 10 games this season, with four upset wins (40.0%).
- Toronto has a record of 4-6 in games when bookmakers list them -104 or longer on the moneyline.
- With 312 goals (3.8 per game), the Maple Leafs have the league’s second-best offense.
- The Maple Leafs’ total of 252 goals allowed (3.1 per game) is 19th in the NHL.
Lightning vs. Maple Leafs Over/Under Trends
- Tampa Bay and its opponent have combined for more than Friday’s total of 6.5 goals 39 times this season.
- A total of 49 of Toronto’s games have finished with more than 6.5 goals this season.
- The Lightning score 3.48 goals per game, compared to the Maple Leafs’ average of 3.8, adding up to 0.8 more goals than this contest’s over/under of 6.5.
- The 5.8 goals per game these two teams allow are 0.6 less than the over/under set for this contest.
Lightning Team Leaders
- Steven Stamkos: 42 goals and 64 assists
- Victor Hedman: 20 goals and 66 assists
- Nikita Kucherov: 25 goals and 44 assists
- Andrei Vasilevskiy: 39-18-5 record, .916 save percentage, 156 goals conceded
Maple Leafs Team Leaders
- Auston Matthews: 60 goals and 46 assists
- Mitchell Marner: 35 goals and 62 assists
- William Nylander: 34 goals and 46 assists
- Jack Campbell: 31-9-6 record, .914 save percentage, 123 goals allowed
Where To Watch Lightning vs. Maple Leafs
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for NHL predictions? Go here for all of our free NHL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.