The St. Louis Cardinals (13-10) and San Francisco Giants (14-10) clash in the first of a four-game series on Thursday at Oracle Park, at 9:45 PM ET. The Cardinals are coming off a series victory over the Royals, and the Giants a series loss to the Dodgers.
The Cardinals are projected as a close favorite (-115 moneyline odds to win) against the Giants (-105). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the St. Louis Cardinals looking to Miles Mikolas (1-1), and Logan Webb (3-1) taking the ball for the San Francisco Giants. The total for this game is 7.5.
Cardinals vs. Giants Predictions
Cardinals vs. Giants Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Cardinals vs. Giants Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- St. Louis was favored on the moneyline in eight of its last 10 games, and finished 4-4 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups (all 10 of them had set totals), the Cardinals and their opponents combined to hit the over six times.
- St. Louis’ record against the spread is 3-7-0 over its past 10 games.
- In three games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, San Francisco has a record of 1-2.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Giants and their opponents are when it comes to hitting the over.
- San Francisco is 5-5-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Cardinals vs. Giants Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Miles Mikolas
- The Cardinals have a 3-2-0 record against the spread in Mikolas’ starts.
- The Cardinals were named the moneyline favorite for two Mikolas starts this season — they split the games.
- Mikolas’ team has won three of his five starts.
- Mikolas has had five starts with a total this season, and the teams combined hit the over in two of those games.
Projected starter: Logan Webb
- Webb and his team have a record of 2-3-0 against the spread when he starts.
- His team is 0-2 this season when he starts and they’re underdogs on the moneyline.
- Webb’s team has a 4-1 record in his starts this season.
- Out of Webb’s six starts with a total this season, three have hit the over.
Cardinals Batting Leaders
- Nolan Arenado leads the Cardinals in home runs (seven), runs batted in (20) and has put up a team-best batting average of .337.
- Among hitters in baseball, Arenado ranks fourth in homers and fifth in RBI.
- Arenado enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .278 with two doubles, two home runs, a walk and six RBI.
- Tommy Edman is hitting .288 with a double, a triple, three home runs and 13 walks.
- Edman ranks 56th in home runs and 94th in RBI among MLB hitters this season.
- Paul Goldschmidt is hitting .272 with four doubles, two home runs and 13 walks.
- Tyler O’Neill is hitting .200 with three doubles, a triple, two home runs and nine walks.
- O’Neill takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .211 with a double, a triple, a home run, a walk and five RBI.
Cardinals Batting Leaders
- Wilmer Flores leads San Francisco with a .268 batting average.
- Flores is 96th in homers and 46th in RBI among all batters in the big leagues.
- Flores has safely hit in two straight games. In his last five games he is batting .278 with four walks and an RBI.
- Thairo Estrada is a key run producer for San Francisco with a .236 average, two homers and 14 RBI.
- Estrada ranks 96th in home runs and 32nd in RBI among all hitters in the major leagues.
- Joc Pederson is slugging .679 this season, with a team-high six home runs. He’s also collected 10 RBI.
- Brandon Crawford has 18 hits and an OBP of .319 to go with a slugging percentage of .341 this season.
Where To Watch Cardinals vs. Giants
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.